Chapter Twenty-Four

Sorry for the long wait... I'll explain down below. Enjoy!

Jade's POV:

A small groan escaped my lips as I struggled to undo the rope behind me. The hunters had tied me to a tree, wrapping rope around my waist and keeping my hands bind. Normally I would be able to get out of this, but the ropes were soaked in wolfsbane. I looked around to see Jake and Pierce in the same predicament as me. Fox, Megan, and James had been placed in front us.

A chain was wrapped around their head, leading down to their feet and wrists. From the sound of the sizzle and the smell of Megan and Fox's blood, the chains had been silver.

"Fox? Megan?" I croaked. "You okay?" I glanced at James, who gave me an annoyed look. The silver couldn't hurt him, but the chains seemed pretty tight.

A small growl left Fox's lips as she turned her head to face me. "Never been better." Her wolf was fighting her to shift. "I'm just glad they didn't put me next to that stupid mongrel." She gestured towards Pierce, causing him to let out  low growl.

"Lucky for you," Megan spoke. "I on the other hand have to sit next to this one," she glared at James. He rolled his eyes and looked away. 

I smiled. "Play nice." My nose wrinkled in disgust as a new stench filled my noise. The smile quickly disappeared.

 "Hunters." A low growl left Jake. Our gaze locked and a look of desperation filled his eyes. I gave him a small smile.

Footsteps could be heard behind us. "Well, well, well." A small laughed came out. "Look what the cat dragged in." The hunter walked passed me. His harsh black eyes glared at me. "Or should I say dog?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm surprised we have to warn you guys about territory nowadays." He looked at me again. "Aren't you guys supposed to stick to your pack house or whatever?"

A few more hunters had made themselves known. I guess he's the ringleader then. "We were looking for you." James caught his attention. I sighed and closed my eyes. Now he decides to speak.

The hunter arched an eyebrow. "To kill us?" His eyes narrowed at James. He noticed his chains. "Why aren't you burning like the girls?" He took a knife out his jacket. I wrinkled my nose. It was laced in vervain.

"I'm not a vampire." James stared at the knife. "I'm their prisoner." He looked at me, a mischievous glint in his eyes. I looked at Pierce, who stared at James.

The hunter crossed his arms. "Why?"

"I killed his mate." James pointed at Jake. "Well, more like tortured her to death."

I turned my head, not wanting to look at Jake's reaction. I could hear him snarling and struggling to get free. I looked at the hunter who smiled.

"What for?" He moved to help James off the ground.

"He took my daughter away from me." I looked at him. "An eye for an eye."

The hunter raised his knife up, staring at him and then looking at Jake. He smirked before breaking his chains. James outstretched his hand, introducing himself.

"Greyson," He shook his hand. "You're human?"

James shrugged his shoulders. "Not exactly," he sighed. "I'm kinda sorry about this."

James stepped back and rubbed his hands together. His eyes started to change to a dark red color. He opened his mouth, red smoke started to leave him. The smoke followed the hunters and clung to them. All the hunters started screaming about their eyes and tried to run away from the smoke, but fell on the ground. Well all but one. Greyson.

"What did you do to them?" He backed away, holding up his knife. "What are you?"

"I took away their sight." James had ignored his other question. He turned towards me and spat at the ropes. They caught on fire and I pulled it off me. I groaned as I stood up, stretching.

"We weren't trying to kill you." I walked over towards Greyson, slowly. My head was pounding and my body ached.

"You just killed my best hunters!" He glared at me.

"They're not dead." James put his arm around me to keep me steady. "Just passed out from shock. I've been told it's very painful." I looked up at him and rolled my eyes. My gaze flew behind me and I let out a breath to concentrate. The rope and chains broke off everyone as they stood up.

"We need your help." Greyson looked at me.

"Well this wasn't the way to go about it, Jade." A hunter, Peter, appeared from the forest. He glanced at the bodies on the ground and then at Greyson. "Are they dead?"

Greyson shook his head. "Unconscious."

I could feel Pierce behind me. He pulled me away from James' arms and pulled me in close, sniffing me. Small sparks spread throughout my body as he pulled me in closer. I looked up to see Jake staring at us, jealously. I shifted my gaze toward the ground and pulled away from Pierce. 

I looked at Peter. "They attacked us first."

"Well it's our job," Greyson rolled his eyes. "You trespassed anyway."

"Was I talking to you?" My gaze flew back to his. "I wasn't even looking for you." I got out of Pierce's hold. "I was looking for Peter. Not some child hunter who doesn't even know what he's doing," I spat.

He opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off. "Your job? It's to kill werewolves who are a threat to society. Unless we were here to attack you, there was no reason for you to tie us up!" I growled.

Greyson's face flushed in embarrassment. "You could have been coming to kill us."

I scoffed. "In our human form?" I closed my eyes, taking in a breath. I reached for Pierce's hand to calm my nerves. "As I was saying, we need your help Peter."

"Well it must be pretty bad if your coming into hunter's territory." Peter glanced at our hands, before looking at Jake. Confusion flashed his eyes as he stared at Jake.

"There's a war." Jake crossed his arms. "And we need you and all trained hunters to fight with us."

"Us?" Peter looked at Greyson. "Who exactly is 'us'?"

"Werewolves and vampires," I say. Peter laughed while Greyson smiled in amusement. An awkward silence filled the air.

"Oh," he stopped laughing. "You're serious?" Greyson crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at Peter.

"You're gonna fight alongside the creatures you hate the most?" Peter asked. I nodded. "And how do you suppose you're gonna do that?"

"Don't worry about it," I said. "Are you with us or not?"

Peter and Greyson shared a look. Greyson shrugged, before turning away. "What if we want to fight on the opposing team?"

"They're Shadows," I paused. "From the Shadowlands."

"I thought they can't get out." Confusion evident in Peter's tone. "Old Hunters had made sure of it."

"Well clearly they didn't do it right," James said. "And now we gotta fix their mistake. So are you in or out?"

Peter didn't say anything. He shrugged and looked at Greyson. "We follow you, Peter. You tell us what to do and we'll do it."

Peter looked at me. "Vampires? Shadows?" He groaned. There was a slight pause before he answered.

 "We're in."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm soooooo sorry. My laptop completely crashed on me and my phone wasn't exactly any better. I wasn't able to upload anything. BUT my dad finally fixed my laptop for me and everything is working fine. So I decided as an apology, I would update everything that I've created so far. I apologize for any grammar or spelling errors.

Until my next update,

shelly314