Chapter 23

Jade's POV:

"Where are we?" Megan looked at me. We had been walking for at least two hours in the woods. My senses were heightened ever since we left my territory. I don't want the hunters to be able to take us by surprise. They didn't need to get the impression we were weak. 
"In the woods," James sighed. "Do you always ask stupid questions?"
"Do you always give stupid answers?" Megan crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.
"What's your problem?" James stopped walking. I sighed and kept walking. I don't want any part of this. They can settle it themselves.
"My problem," Megan whispered to herself. "You almost killed Jade!" she growled. "And you expect us to trust you," she spit out. "I rather die."
James let out a laugh. "That could be arrange." Screw it. I turned back around and walked towards them. I raised my hand up and slapped them both.
"You guys be quiet or leave," I looked at them. I could feel my anger rising. "I don't have time to deal with your childish behavior. You're both adults." I growled. "Act like it."
They looked at each other and nodded. I relaxed and started walking again.
"Fox?" I called out. She was leading Pierce and Jake. I strained my ears to listen to their voices through the woods.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fox's POV:

My feet were killing me. We had been walking for at least two hours. Normally I wouldn't complain, but I was walking with the stupid mongrel. He spoke about Jade every couple of minutes just to annoy Jake. If he didn't kill him yet, I might do it for him.
"I wonder what Jade's doing right now." He looked around. "Maybe she already found the hunters."
I rolled my eyes and glanced at Jake. I guess it's Jakobs. I can't tell the difference between Jake and his wolf besides from the attitude. Jakobs likes to kiss Jade whenever he wants apparently.
"Why don't we just play the silent game?" Jakobs sighed. "I'm tired of hearing you talk. "
The stupid mongrel growled. "Do not disrespect me pup." I sighed. "I am an Alpha."
Jakobs let out a low growl. "You're not my Alpha."
"I might as well be," the stupid mongrel smirked. "Jade is my mate after all." I glanced at Jakobs, who was shaking in anger.
"She's mine!" He growled. We all stopped moving. I looked at the stupid mongrel.
"He didn't mean that," I tried to explain. "His wolf is confusing him."

Jakobs walked towards him. "No I meant it," he smirked. "You don't even know of the things Jade and I have done." Jakobs eyes glowed. I moved to grab him. "Some of the things we've done couldn't even been legal," he whispered. The stupid mongrel started growling. I tugged on Jakobs hand.
"Stop Jakobs," I pleaded. He shrugged off my hand.
"Man," he paused. "The things she can do with her mouth." I let out a gasp. The stupid mongrel jumped on Jakobs, catching him off guard. He was delivering punch after punch. I ran to pull him off Jakobs.
"Get off him," I pulled. He turned around and pushed me on the ground. I let out a low growl. My eyes began to glow and my hands started to tingle. I focused all my anger on that stupid mongrel and felt a burst of energy shoot out of my hands. It blinded me for a second. I looked to see him on his back looking at me. I moved and pulled Jakobs to his feet. He nodded his head at me. I gave him a small smile then pulled my hand back to slap him.
"Don't you ever say that again!" I growled. "Do I make myself clear?" I watched him nod his head, rubbing his cheek.
"Fox?" I sighed and turned around. It was Jade's voice. She walked up to us with Megan and James in tow, who were bickering behind her. "Will you guys shut up?" She asked annoyed.
Jade turned to look at me. "How were they?" She glanced behind me. "Why are you on the ground?"
"You don't even want to know." I answered before he could. "And splitting up was a bad idea."
Jade nodded and folded her arms. "Yea, I know," she sighed. "I thought we could cover more ground, but we barely got anywhere."
"Well let's get back at it then," I gestured towards the area in front of us. We started walking but stopped when we heard a noise. It sounded like footsteps. I looked at Jade.
"You heard that right?" I whispered. "They're close."
"Closer than you think," a voice boomed from behind us. The voice ran chills down my spine. Oh no. I turned around and met eyes with him. The last thing I heard was Jade gasp before darkness took over.

Author's note: PLEASE READ

I'm so sorry for the long wait, but this is just a filler for now. I've been having troubles with my laptop so I'll be working from my phone from now on. I will try to keep my updating weekly if possible. Also, I apologize again for any spelling and grammar errors in the near future. I will go back and edit later. Promise.

Until my next update,

Shelly314