Chapter 14

Jade's POV:

Jade's Dream:

I woke up in a dark room that reeked of blood. I looked down to see my hands covered in blood. It was't my blood though. I stood up and looked around. There was a door on the other side of the room. I began walking towards it, but was pushed back by a weird force.

I groaned as I fell on the ground. "Well it was about time you went to sleep." A man voice said. I looked up to see him standing there with a smirk on his face.  Did I know him? He looked very familiar. His  blue eyes narrowed down at me as he began to pace.

"Do I know you?" I stood up.

He stopped pacing as he smiled at me. "Yes and no."

"Okay," I say. "What am I doing here?"

"I summoned you here." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You're in danger," he said. "I'm just here to warn you."

"Does it have something to do with what Luna told me?" I crossed my arms.

He shrugged. "I guess so. I don't know what your mo- Luna told you, but if it had something along the lines of choosing someone you don't love, then yes."

I nodded. "What type of danger?" I asked. "Rogues, Hunters, Vampires-

"Shadows," he cut me off.

"Shadows," I scoffed. "Are you trying to tell me that my shadow is trying to kill me?" I coughed, trying to hold in my laughter.

"Not your actual shadow, Jadelyn. Don't be stupid." He scolded me. "The shadows I'm talking about are the people from Shadowlands."

I tensed up. "What can they do?"

"They're trying to turn the world into Shadowlands," he said. "They're tired of being trapped."

"What do you want me to do?"

"There's a prophecy that foretells the good, evil, and the in-between to join forces," he says. "Together they can stop the Shadows from taking over their world and sending it into a dark and lifeless one. If they failed, then life as they know it is gone."

"Who's the in-between?" I looked at him.

"Hunters," he said simply.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "How do you suppose we get the hunters to work with us?"

"Only the daughter of the moon can make them see."

"Luna doesn't have a daughter."

He shot me a look. "Yes she does."

"Who is it?"

"I don't know." He said sarcastically. "Maybe it's the only one of the girls that I've actually summoned here."

My eyes widened in surprise. "That's not possible. My mother gave birth to me. It's even on camera."

"I can prove it," he said. "Ask Jake what Nerina told him."

I shook my head at him. "Who are you?"

He sighed and looked me in the eye. "I'm your father."

Jade's Dream Over:

My eyes opened abruptly to see Pierce leaning over me. He jumped back startled and fell on the floor.

"I told you she wasn't dead!" Fox smiled. Pierce groan and stood up.

"Well she slept pass noon," Jake said. "She's never done that before. "

"Maybe she was just tired." Megan said.

"Can you guys stop talking like I'm not here?" I pushed my covers off.

"What's wrong with you?" Mason took in my appearance.

I walked towards my bathroom and stepped inside. I looked back to see everyone staring at me. "I just met my father." I slammed the door shut and hopped inside the shower.

I walked out bathroom in my towel to see them still waiting in my room. Pierce let out a low growl and blocked me from anyone's view. I rolled my eyes and walked inside my closet, closing the door.  I pulled out a light blue top and some black skinny jeans. I ran my fingers through my hair and took a deep breath.

I walked out the closet and sat down on my bed.

"He told me there is a war." I said. "A war where good, evil, and the in-between join forces."

"In-between?" Pierce moved to take a seat next to me, making sparkles shoot through me.

"Hunters." I say, trying my best to ignore it.

I could feel Pierce tense up under me.

"How do you suppose we get hunters to help us?" Mason asked. "They hate our kind. They live to kill us."

I looked at Jake, who didn't say anything. He looked at me before looking at Megan and Fox.  I took a deep breath in.

"He told me that the daughter of the moon could make them see."

Megan looked at me in confusion. "Luna doesn't have a daughter," she said. "That's something we would know for sure," she gestured towards herself, Fox, and I.

"She didn't want anyone to know," I said. "She kept it a secret."

"Do you know who it is?" Fox asked.

I bit my lip and nodded. "So does Jake." I shot him a look and he nodded too.

"Well who is it?" Megan asked.

I looked at Jake. "When did Nerina tell you?," I asked ignoring Megan's question.

Jake nodded, "She told me before we left."

"Did she tell you about the other thing?"

Jake looked at me in confusion. "What other thing?" I gave him a look. "Yeah, she told me," he laughed nervously, blushing a light shade of pink.

Megan snapped her fingers at us. "Who is it?" she asked. "Who's the daughter of the moon?"

I took a deep breath in. "I am."