Chapter Twelve

Jade's POV:

I finally knew what it felt like to feel numb inside and I didn't like this feeling whatsoever. Letting out a small sigh, I placed my feet in the water, staring down at my reflection and thought things over. Should I really tell Pierce about the Power of Three? He would have to go through all the tests that could possibly kill him and I don't know if I'm ready for that. 

A small tap on my shoulders shook away my thoughts. I turned to see a shirtless Jake standing behind me in low jeans that hugged his hips. He stuck out his hand for me and I took it without hesitation.

"I think you should tell him." Jake spoke after while. He had led me back to the gazebo, but this time there were benches for us to sit on. I sat down, pulling Jake beside me and turned to look up at the sky. The sky had been filled with bright colors that covered the clouds.

"I'm afraid he might die," I whispered so low, wondering if he actually heard me.

"Well he is your mate after all." I felt his body tense up as he said it. "It's a natural thing to not want him to die." Jake let out a small breath, relaxing a little when he felt my hand touch his.

"Sometimes I wish that I was a normal wolf." I could feel Jake's gaze burning at the side of my face. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath in. "And sometimes  I've always wondered what it would be like to be human."

It was almost like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I felt free, but I wished it was Pierce I could share this with. I knew the price I would have to pay to get him here. A small part of me wanted to keep the secrets, but I knew that would only push us further apart.

Jake's POV:

My head snapped towards Jade. She never told me anything like that before. She did tell me that she wondered what it would be like to be a normal wolf. A wolf with no responsibilities, ties, or any obligations. Jade had never told me about being human.

I mean sure when we first met, she had this weird look in her eyes. It wasn't the scared look that new rogues had when they were out the pack, it was emptiness and that bothered me so much.

I didn't say anything for a while. I didn't know what to say. I looked at the sky then back at Jade. Her eyes were swirling with goldish color that was similar to Luna's eyes. She must've been thinking really hard about being human or Pierce. Pierce. I clenched my fists in anger under her hand.

Jade looked at me then back at the sky. "I've always wanted to live here." She said randomly. I raised an eyebrow at her. "With the pack, it would be peaceful here," she explained when she saw my expression.

"Not all the time," I said. "We're not the only creatures in this place- Aurora." I nodded towards Nerina as an old stench of  a leech filled the air.

Jade scoffed. "Our pack has an alliance with them. They wouldn't do anything stupid." I rolled my eyes at her and stood up.

I held my hand out for her. She looked me in the eyes. "Where are we going this time?"

"To look for Luna." I say. "I want to go home and forget this day." A soft sigh escaped her lips as she stood up and grabbed my hand.

A small warmth spread through me as I touched her hand. I wondered if she could feel this? Jade's breath hitched and I knew she felt it. I don't know why she denies this just because of her mate. We were together before he came into the picture anyway. 

"Are you looking for me?" Luna's voice snapped me out of my daze. Jade looked up at her as I cleared my throat.   

"Yes," I said. "We would like to go home please." I spoke in the softest voice I could muster. 

I must've surprised her. She raised her eyebrow up at me with a small smile on her face. That was something Jade did  when I impressed her sometimes. I looked at Jade who was staring at Luna, then I looked back at Luna. I stared at her. They looked so much alike.

As if hearing my thoughts, Luna cleared her throat. "Lets get you guys home." Her voice shook a little than normal. I nodded and tugged on Jade's hand. We trailed behind her as she led us back to the waterfall. Nerina was floating on top of the water in her human form. She looked over at us, sadness crossing her features.

"You guys leaving already?" She frowned. She sighed when she saw me nod. Nerina swam towards us and got out the water. She gave Jade a hug and she walked to me. She gave me a hug, and reached up whisper in my ear.

"Stay out of it." Her voice was so low that I could barely hear her. She pulled and gave me a knowing look that confirmed my suspicions. Luna was Jade's mother. And the worst part? I couldn't even tell her.