Chapter 2

Jade's POV:

    I walked over towards the wolf in Jake's grip. He was snarling and growling at him. "Shift!," I growled. The wolf looked at me and growled. I picked up the wolf with my bare hand and let out an angry growl. "I don't  have time for this crap. So when I order you to shift, you shift!," I say tightening the grip on the wolf. The wolf growled and didn't comply.

     My wolf was starting to get impatient. "Shift!," I growled using my Alpha voice. The wolf growled and turned back into his human form. I was met with a boy that looked 17. He had brown hair and brown eyes. I let go of his neck and he landed with a thud. I grabbed a duffel bag from behind the tree that I hid in case we ran out of clothes and threw it at him.

   "Here," I say with my arms crossed. He growled and changed into the clothes from the duffel bag.

"Better," he says sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. I looked behind me to find everyone having side conversations.

I snapped my fingers and was met with silence. "Okay, we're all going to pay Red Ash Pack a visit. It seems they feel the need to send a spy on us," I say letting my eyes linger on the boy behind me.

      I heard a few snarls and growls from everyone. "Suit up. You know where the stuff is," Jake's voice says from behind.

I picked the boy up by the shirt and start walking. "What's with you picking up people by shirts and necks?," he asks. "Listen dude- 

"Mason," he says cutting me off.

"Excuse me?," I say.

"My name's Mason," he says while removing my hand from his shirt.

    "Okay, Mason. I wouldn't grab you by the neck if I didn't think you were trying to escape," I say while slowing down my pace. I see him smirk out the corner of my eye.

"Well, I'm not trying to escape now am I," he says while trying to match my pace. I shrugged and kept looking forward. I looked up into the trees and saw some of my rogues sitting there with weapons. Mason followed my gaze and gasped.

     "Woah! That's is how you guys see everything," his eyes wandered back up. I smiled and started laughing.

"This is not how we see everything," I say while smiling. He looked at me confused. I pointed up. "They're assassins. Not our eyes, stupid," I explained. He looked at me dumbfounded. I sighed and walked a bit faster.He was already starting to get on my nerves. I looked back to see everyone following us back.

I stopped and looked at them. "Go back home. Relax for  a couple of hours and I'll be back," I said. I heard a couple of groans come from the others. I growled causing them to go quiet. I looked at Jake, signaling him to come on.

He came up beside me and wrapped an arm around my waist. I relaxed into his embraced and looked at Mason. He just stood there studying us. "Are you guys mates?," he asked after a while.

I shook my head and felt Jake tense in my embrace. He didn't respond except for a shake of his head. I looked at Mason, who was staring with confusion. "He doesn't have  a mate..," I paused not sure if  I should say anything. "... anymore," I say letting the words sink in. I watched as Mason's facial expression turned from confusion to realization, then to sorrow.

He looked at me then at him. "Man... I'm so sorry," he says sincerely. I could tell he really meant what he said. I looked at Jake and turned his face towards mine.

"It's going to be okay," I say while rubbing his arm soothingly. "Something good might come back into your life," I continued.

He looked at me and nodded. "If there was a way to bring her back-"

I cut him off. "I would bring her back in a heart beat," I say. There was nothing I could do. Even with my special powers, I've tried to bring her back multiple time. The gods and goddesses won't let me. When I would ask they would tell me, "You and only you need to take care of him". Even the moon goddess agreed and she was the one that created soul-mates! Sometimes I just wonder what-

"We're here," Jake says startling me. He saw my face expression and frowned. "Sorry sweetheart," he says bringing me in for a hug. I relaxed into his warmth and pulled him closer. 

A growl came from behind us, interrupting our hug. "What are you doing on Red Ash Territory," a  voice bellowed from behind. As the guys jumped in surprise, I only shivered waiting for his hot voice to speak again. Hot?  Something is definitely not right.  I gripped my weapons behind my back to only be met with the  most gorgeous man alive.