Chapter Twenty-Five

Jade's POV:

"What the hell do you mean "We're in"?" Greyson glared at Peter. "Do you know what they just asked us to do?" Peter turned and looked at him. "I'm not fighting the shadows."

"We don't really need him," Fox piped in. I shot her a glare, watching as she turned her gaze back to the floor. She was right of course, but we couldn't take any chances. We needed everyone to work together. No matter how annoying they are.

"Then don't," Peter said.  Greyson's eyes lit up.

"So we're not fighting?" Greyson asked. Peter turned to look at us. His eyes glanced at each one of us until they landed on mine. He stared for a few moments, before nodding. 

"No," Peter said after a while. James muttered under his breath. "You're not fighting," Peter corrected. "The hunters are called to fight and the last time I checked, I'm the leader and a hunter. Just make sure you're packed and out before we get back."

"Peter," Greyson said. "They're shadows. This isn't like the rogue business. We can't just shoot them and watch them die. We could get turned into those things like the other hunters." Greyson grabbed his arm. "Who knows if we even get to die? We could just get stuck there for an eternity." He did have a point. I don't even know.

Peter pulled away from him and looked at me. "Is it possible to kill them?" Before I could even open my mouth, James spoke.

"It'll be hard," James admitted. "But it can be done."  Peter nodded and looked at Greyson.

"You heard him. Now make your decision," Peter glared. "In or out?"

"We shouldn't do this," Greyson tried to convince him.

Peter rolled his eyes, not listening to him. "Are you in or are you out, Greyson?"

There was a long silence between the two. I leaned against Pierce, feeling the warmth spread through me. He wrapped his hand around my waist, pulling me closer. Greyson looked at us, before nodding. A smile spread across Peter's face. 

"This isn't going to end well," Peter muttered.

"It never does," I say. "It's war."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still Jade's POV:

After a few more explanations, Peter brought us to his hideout. It looked like an old abandoned mansion. The outside seemed as if the house was slowly falling apart, but the inside was tidy. The only problem was their decorations. We were all sitting on the couch uncomfortably, waiting for Peter to come back from speaking to his hunters, while trying to ignore the different wolf body parts hung up on the wall. I glanced at James, whose eyes were filled with amusement. I rolled my eyes and cleared my throat.

"Isn't there somewhere else we can go?" I glanced at Greyson.

Greyson smiled and turned towards James. "So technically, this is all your fault that we have to team up with werewolves, vampires, and fight shadows."

"There's nothing wrong with a little teamwork," James smirked. "I do hope as a price for working with the vampires that they require an offering to prove our loyalty." I watched as he leaned a little closer to him. "I'll happily cut you up and feed you to him." Greyson's smile dropped instantly as he scooted away from James.

"James is just as crazy as Jadelyn." Low growls had come from beside me. My eyes flashed as I stared at him, making him squirm under my gaze. I placed my hand on Jake's thigh to calm his wolf and turned to look at Fox and Megan. I gave them a small nod. Disrespect was taken seriously among my pack.