Chapter Four

Jade's POV:

Time seemed to slow down right here. The pack came charging towards us, but we made no move towards them. We just stared at them, preparing to attack. I've trained them to fight well in their human form.

I sighed and looked at them. "Let's get this party started."

The guys slowly walked towards the pack and began fighting. Jake stayed by my side and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. A loud growl erupted into the air. I looked to see Pierce shaking, angrily. His gorgeous green eyes were now black. Something told me to get away from Jake. I shivered and removed Jake's arm from my shoulder and stepped aside.

"Hey!" I yelled out to everyone. The pack stopped fighting and looked at me. "Go help your Alpha. He's about to lose control," I said. The pack turned and ran towards Pierce.

"I want my mate!" he yelled through the air. The pack moved away from him and stared directly at me.

"If you guys try anything, I won't hesitate to rip your head off," I growled. They looked taken back.

Pierce walked forward. "Even me?" he asks. I chewed on my bottom lip. Could I kill my own mate? I can't without killing my wolf or myself.

I shrugged at his question. The wind started to pick up and his scent was becoming intoxicating. I growled lowly and kneeled down. Jake ran by my side. "Are you okay?" he asked.

I nodded and stood up. "We need to leave. They're getting on my nerves with their foolishness," I say crossing my arms.

Jake nodded and whistled. My guys stopped and turned their attention towards us.

"We're leaving," I say. "Do you guys want to go to a restaurant," I asked.

The guys casted glances around each other before nodding. I sighed and looked at Jake. He had a weird expression on his face. I touched his arm slightly, causing him to look down at me. He shook his head at me. I pulled out my bow and arrow coated with silver and aimed at the werewolf behind Pierce. it was from a different pack. I release the arrow sending everyone into panic mode.

"Relax" I called. "I didn't aim for him. I was aiming at that," I pointed.

They stopped and looked at the werewolf. I could see them visibly sigh in relief. I snapped my fingers and started walking. I cast a glance over my shoulder, looking at Mason and Pierce.

"See you guys, later," I flashed a smile before giving them my back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We made our way back underground, after we stopped to grab some food, to see everyone waiting in the living room. Some had worried expressions on their face. While the others remained calmed and chatted among one another. I sighed and clapped, grabbing everyone's attention.

"As you know, our hideout was compromised," I began. "One of them was sent back without a clue what happened and the other happened to lead me back towards my mate," I say.

Everyone went silent. They all wanted me to find my mate. All except, Jake. He wanted me to himself. I sighed and relaxed.

"I don't have any plans to move in with the pack to become their luna," I said. "but this does mean we do have a powerful alliance," I smiled.

Everyone cheered. As it died down, someone raised their hand. I believe it was Fox. She had freckles on her cheeks and red hair with bright green eyes.

"What pack is he from?" she asked excitedly.

I looked at Jake, who just shrugged. I rolled my eyes. I need to ask him about his behavior later. Right now, wasn't the place or the time.

"The Red Ash Pack," I answered.

Gasps surrounded me. His pack was the top in the world. He was the most deadliest and feared, but they had enough sense not to find us until now.

"No one needs to worry," I said. "Now, I want everyone to go relax. But before you go, any questions?"

Another one shot through the air. It belonged to Fox. Some people groaned, causing me to growl. They all went quiet and stared at her.

"What would happen to us if you do decide to join his pack?" she asked.

A snarl came from Jake. I looked at him abruptly. His normal bright blue eyes were now dark and angry. I put my hand on his chest, trying to calm him down. His eyes were turning back to their bright blue as he relaxed. I turned to look at Fox.

"If that does happen," I paused looking at Jake. "you guys would join their pack too."

"But what if he doesn't want us to join their pack," a guy named Trick called.

I sighed and closed my eyes, thinking. "Then I won't accept the Luna position," I say opening them. "You guys are family and if he won't have you, then he can't have me."