Chapter Seventeen

Jake's POV:

"I wonder what's going on in there." Fox sat on the couch, taking a bite from her burger. I watched as her hands began to glow along with Megan's.

"What's wrong?" I sat up and looked at them. They had anxious looks on their faces. It was like they were deciding if they should tell me something or not. I sighed and looked back at the kitchen. I hope she's okay.

"She's fine." Megan muttered, nibbling off her burger. "I think she's just having a flashback."

I ran my fingers through my hair. "You think?," I asked in disbelief. "Her father could have taken her to some unknown planet!" I growled at them.

I could feel my eyes darkening. My wolf was trying to resurface. I pushed him down and put up a wall between us. I had no idea what was up with him. He gets jumpy and excited at the mention of Jade. I could hear a faint howl. There he goes again.

Jade's POV:

"Where are we?" I looked around. The view had blew me away. We were surrounded by a meadow full of beautiful roses. In the center of the meadow, there was small bench. Big enough to fit two. I walked towards it. The closer I got, the sound of a waterfall became more noticeable.

"Eirene Meadow." He sat down next to me. He turned and noticed my expression. "It's a Greek word meaning peace. Right now we're in a peace meadow."

"A peace meadow?" I looked at him. He nodded and gave me a small smile.

"The meadow is supposed to keep anyone who enters in a calm state." He relaxed into the bench. "I figured since you kept laughing at me earlier that I should bring you here so we could be serious."

A small blush crept onto my cheeks. "Sorry, it was just really funny," I sighed feeling myself become serious again. "What did you want to tell me?"

He turned and looked at me. "Jake is your mate."

I shook my head. "No he's not," I say. "Pierce is my mate."

"They're both yours," he said causing me raise a eyebrow. "Have you heard of second-chance mates?"

I nodded, crunching my nose up in confusion. "What does that have to do with anything? Pierce hasn't rejected me."

"It actually has nothing do with this."

I stared at him. "But you just asked-

"I know what I asked you!" He snapped. "I'm just saying that Pierce has nothing do with Jake being your mate."

I sighed and gestured for him to continue. "Have you ever heard of bond-mates?" I shook my head. Bond-mates? "Our kind don't have the pleasure of Luna giving us our perfect match. We chose our mates that we love or fascinated with by binding our souls with whoever choose." He paused and looked at me. "So since you're my daughter, you have the power to bind one person to you."

"That's not possible," I shook my head. "I don't even know how to do that."

"You do," he said. "You did it a week ago on his birthday before Jake found his so called mate."

I shook my head again. "On his birthday.." I trailed off trying to remember exactly what happened.

Jade's POV: Flashback

I wrapped my arms around Jake's waist, squeezing him tightly. I would miss this. Once he finds his mate, he'll forget all about me even though he promise he wouldn't.

"Happy Birthday, Jake," I whispered. I looked up to see him smiling down at me. I returned the smile and leaned into him, breathing in his scent.

"Jade?" He called.

"Hmm?" My eyes had been closed.

"There was something I wanted to do." My eyes snapped open. I've been asking him all day what he wanted to do. "Before I find my mate," he finished.

"And what's that?" I stared up at him in confusion. He started to lean down. I could feel his cool breath fan my face. My eyes began to close as he moved closer.

"This." His lips brushed mine, slowly. Little sparks flew threw me. I wondered if he could feel them. He pulled back in shock. I guess he could. Then he pulled me back in and wrapped an arm around my waist.This time, he kissed me more passionately and fiercely. More sparks flew threw me and I guess he could feel them again because he pulled me closer to him.

As the kiss ended, he pulled back, keeping his arms around my waist and whispered in my ear. "You're mine."

I smiled. You're mine. Always and forever. A little chill went through me and I could feel something shift in the air and pass between us.

Flashback Ends:

I shook my head. "I didn't do that!" I ran my fingers through my hair, tugging at the ends. "That's not possible." I stood up. "Jake is going to be so mad at me." I began pacing back and forth.

"No, he's not." I hear my dad say. "It's impossible for him to stay mad at you."

I sighed. "He was mad at me earlier."

His head shot up. "What for?"

"He thought I put Myra in the Shadowlands." I crossed my arms. "I would never do that to him even if I knew how."

"Well he was mad at you for nothing then." He let out a small laugh.

"What do you mean?" I stopped pacing and looked at him. Please don't say what I think you're about to say.

"Well," he started. He rubbed the back of his neck, sheepishly. "I was the one who put Myra in the Shadowlands."