Chapter 15

Jade's POV:

It seemed like hours before anyone said anything, but in reality it was only a few minutes. No one had dared to meet my gaze due to fear or shock. I'm hoping it's just shock. I sighed and turned to look at Pierce, who had went rigid.

"Are you okay?" I asked, being the first one to break the silence. Pierce turned me to face him and gave me small smile.

"You're the one that figured out that you're the Luna's daughter and you're asking if I'm alright?"  I relaxed into him and thought about it. Am I actually alright? I sighed and looked back up at him, nodding.

"Yes," I replied. "So are you?"

Pierce smiled and pulled me into a hug, sending little shocks between us. He leaned in and breathed in my scent, blowing a small breath on where my mark should be, making me shiver under him. He smirked at my reaction. "I'm fine, mate." He pulled away, pushing some strands out my eyes.

"We're fine too, Jade." Megan coughed. "Thanks for asking."

I turned to look at her, shooting her a small smile. "Anytime, Megan."

I looked around my room. Everyone had seemed to be relaxed. Well everyone did except for Jake. He had moved to sit by himself, turning his back towards us. I sighed and stood up, pulling away from Pierce's embrace.  I walked to Jake and placed my hand on his back. He looked up at me, before standing up.

"Can we talk?" Panic shot through me. The last time he'd ask me that, we ended up not speaking to each other for three weeks.

"I don't know.." I trailed, giving him a look.

"It's not about her!," He snapped which caused Pierce to growl.

"Don't talk to my mate like that!" Pierce growled. Jake turned around and let out a low growl. Pierce stood up, slowly stalking towards him. His green eyes had begun to swirl into a darker color.

I placed my hand on his chest, stopping him from coming any closer to Jake. I pleaded with my eyes to just let it go. Pierce gritted his teeth and backed away from him, walking back to my bed.

I sighed in relief and turned towards Jake. I gave him a look causing him to shrug. He opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off.

"Go upstairs and tell everyone to start training," I said. Jake looked at me confused.

"I thought we-

"Go upstairs and tell everyone to start training." My Alpha power had surged and leaked into my voice.

He sighed and nodded. I gave him a small smile and watched as he exited the room. I turned to look at Pierce and Mason.

"You guys should probably go to," I said. "Your pack needs to be ready for anything." Pierce stood up an walked to me.

"You mean our pack," he spoke lowly.
I looked up at him and nodded. He leaned down and kissed my forehead, whispering, "Goodbye." Pierce left the room with Mason trailing behind. He looked at me, nodding his head and shut the door. I sighed and went towards my bed. I grab a pillow and screamed into it, even though my sound was being muffled.

"How do you really feel, Jade?" Megan sat down on the edge of the bed, along with Fox.

I shrugged. "I guess I feel like an idiot." I looked at them. "I should've figured it out. We were so much alike in our own ways." I looked down at my hands. "I should have known."

"So you can make like soul-mates or give yourself another one?" Fox looked at me in amazement.  "That must be so cool." Fox gave a smile which I returned.

"Do you think Jake would ask you to be his..." Megan trailed, looking away from me.

"No," I said. "He wouldn't ask that of me." I sighed. "He knows what Pierce would do if he even brought up the topic; sharing a mate." I let out a small laugh, imagining their conversation.

"What are you going to do?" Fox asked.

"We," I corrected. "Are going to go downstairs and make some lunch, considering that you guys starved me out for breakfast." I ran my hand over my grumbling stomach.

They both mumbled a quick apology and hurried to get off my bed.

As soon as we got downstairs, a plate was shove into our hands. Each with our favorite meal on it. Double stacked burger with cheesy bacon fries. My mouth had begun to water at the sight. Jake sure knew how to cook. I looked up at him. He had a huge smile plastered on his face as he stared at me.

"I could hear your stomach from all the way down here." He said, before I could even ask him how he knew. I smiled at him.

"Thanks, Jake." I reached up to peck his cheek and walked around him, heading towards the living room. I sneaked a glance behind my shoulder to see Megan and Fox doing the same thing.

I sat down on the couch and picked up my burger. The burger's juice had begun to drip on the plate causing my stomach to growl even louder. As I begun to take the first bite, someone had begun calling my name from all the way upstairs. Their footsteps grew quicker and quicker as they ran down the stairs.

Zeke came in looking out of breath. His face was turning a little red. "There's someone here," he huffed out. That's not anything new. A lot people try to come here anyway. I rolled my eyes and leaned in to take a bite. "Wait!" he called out, making me pause to look up at him. This better be good. My wolf growled in agreement. "He said he's your father."