Chapter 7

Jade's POV:

"Did you let anyone in?" I stood up, walking towards Fox.

"She," Fox corrected. "is still outside. No one has approached her. Mark and Doug are waiting for your call." Mark and Doug were the head assassins that I kept in the trees along with several others.

"Okay," I said. "I'll approach her. No one attacks her until my say. Got it?" Fox nodded and sprinted back upstairs. She was letting everyone in on what's happening. I walked back towards the living room. I gestured for Jake and Zeke to follow. They stood up and follow me out the door. I stopped and looked at Pierce and Mason.

"Well," I say. "Aren't you guys coming?" I put my hands on my hips, waiting for them. Pierce smiled at me and stood up along with Mason.

We all walked outside to see a girl sitting on the ground. She had long white white hair that was spread out on the ground. She had her back towards me. There was a long silver blade with her. The blade had weird inscription on it, but I knew who it belonged to.

I withdrew my blade quickly and had it pointed towards the ground. I held my hand up for everyone to stop. I took a step forward towards her.

"Your not fooling anyone, Megan." She stood up and turned around, slowly. I could hear the gasps coming from my entire 'pack'.  Megan looked like Fox and I. She was our other cousin.

"Did you talk to her yet?" Fox appeared by my side. She took one look at Megan and cursed under her breath. Fox withdrew her gun and aimed it at Megan. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm not here to fight." She put her hands in the air to surrender. "I came here because I have nowhere else to go." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"And whose fault is that?" I took a step towards her. "I told you when you chose them over us," I gestured between Fox and I. "that there was no coming back. Ever."

"I know and I'm sorry," she said. "I was stupid and naive. I wasn't thinking."

I nodded. "You're right," I paused. A hopeful glint appeared in her eyes. "Because if you stopped and thinked, you would've realized what damage you done to our family." My tone sounded hard. Her eyes saddened as she stared at me. I sighed and looked at her.

"What happened?" I crossed my arms, not really caring.

"They came to my pack," she paused. "Wiped out everyone including my parents."

My eyes turned a different color. "You led them to your pack!?," I growled. "And you let them kill Aunt Karin and Uncle Steve. You have no right to be here." I took a couple steps forward with my sword grazing the ground.

"Th- The- They followed me back home," she stuttered. "They took everyone by surprise. I swear I didn't know they were gonna do that."

I let out a humorless laugh. "Of course you didn't know," I spat. "You were just stupid and naive, right?" I glared at her.

Megan looked down. "I'm sorry. I swear I didn't know."

"Even if you did know," I say. "Their deaths are on your hands. You made your choice when you chose them and I told you the consequences if something bad happened to them."

"I know," she said. "I'm sorry." I raised my blade up and looked back at everyone, sending Pierce and Jake a wink. I swung it over her head and put it down. She look at me with tears in her eyes.

"I don't kill family," I spoke loud enough for everyone to hear. Pierce and Mason let out a sigh of relief. "Even if they killed mine. I'm not heartless."

Megan sighed and wiped away her tears. She thanked me and began walking towards Fox, who was probably mad I didn't kill her or do anything to her. I grabbed Megan's arm.

"If you cross any of us," I paused and looked up to see everyone watching. "I will put you through so much pain that you'll beg me for death." I gave her a small smile. Megan looked at me with fear in her eyes before it was replaced with a different emotion and nodded. I let go of her arm.

"And Megan," she turned around to look at me. I punched her in the jaw, knocking her out cold. "Welcome to the Pack."

Fox laughed as she squatted down. Her eyes turned grey for a couple seconds. She looked up at me. "She'll be out for approximately a hour and eighteen minutes." I nodded and clapped my hands to get everyone's attention. Jake began to take a step forward along with Pierce, Mason, and Zeke, but I  stopped them.

"If you guys don't know, Megan is my cousin along with Fox," I paused as a few whispers began in the crowd. "We don't talk about her because she is a disgrace to Fox and I," I say bluntly. "She has sided with hunters in hopes of taking out the "bad packs" as she would put it. Now since her parents are dead and her whole pack is wiped out, she has nowhere else to go. So she will be staying with us as a member of this 'pack'." I put away my sword. "But if she does betray us, she'll be in the Danger Room," I smirked.

Everyone cheered at the mention of the Danger Room. I looked down at Megan and then I looked up at everyone. "Can someone take Megan to an empty room?," I asked once the cheering died down.

One guy came up and picked her up. His name was Nathan. He was short for twelve, but he was really strong. "Thank you, Nathan." He smiled at me before nodding. He swept Megan up in his arms and walked backed inside. I dismissed everyone and they walked back inside the house.

I walked towards Pierce, Mason, Zeke, and Fox. They had on shocked expressions, but Pierce quickly covered his. I shrugged at them.

"I don't kill family," I say. "But that doesn't mean I can't knock them out." I smirk while cracking my knuckles.

Jake chuckled and put his arm around my shoulders, startling me. I didn't even see him come up behind me. Pierce growled and shoved Jake, wrapping me into a tight hug. Jake let out a menacing growl as he stood back up. Pierce let go of me and let out a heart-stopping growl that sent shivers down my spine.

I looked at Mason, who shrugged. "This needs to happen or they're just gonna keep fighting over you."

I gave him a look. "Well it's not happening today." My eyes turned a darker shade as the sky began to turn gray. A lightning bolt hit that ground near them and they both looked at me in surprise. "No fighting in my territory. You got it?" They both nodded. I closed my eyes and relaxed. I opened them and the sky went back to being the sunny and clear.

"Good because next time it won't be a lightning bolt. It'll be something far worse." I looked at Jake because he knew exactly what I was talking about. I could see the fear in his eyes and that was something I rarely saw