wip || xxxv.

"And I respect you, of course, I hate to see you cry."

CHASE AMIR LEEWINSTON-SALEM, NC

CHASE AMIR LEE
WINSTON-SALEM, NC.

"You like this one?" I asked Key, showing her the engagement ring I had picked out for Paris.

Shit she better like this. It wasn't traditional or nothing, I mean it was a nice ring but instead of a fat ass diamond smack dab in the middle it was her birthstone.

She nodded her head, not even looking at the ring. She was too busy watching some YouTube couple doing them fake ass pranks. "Key,"

"It's ya' boy Damien and.....Biannncaaaa!" She dragged out and I tapped her shoulder trying to get her attention but she didn't look.

It was taking everything in me to not take the tablet away just so she could look over here but I don't want her to start crying and talm' 'bout how I ain't her daddy...then them people gone think I stole her.

"Keyeha," I pushed the ring in front of her face causing her to let out a deep sigh before she looked up at me. "Do you like it?"

"Yeah." She tilted her head eyeing it. "Can you buy me one?"

"They don't got none that can fit yo' finger I can get you one from Claire's."

"Them ones be fake," She turned her tablet off and started walking over to the ring display. "I want a real one. That one real,"

I looked over at the ring she was staring at, seeing it had a small pink heart in the middle with two smaller diamonds on each side. "You sure you want that one?"

"Mhm." She nodded quickly, looking up at me. "You gone get it?"

That shit cost a pretty penny I'm already knowing.

"Yeah, you can't be with me while I get it though."

"Why not?" She made a face.

"Because then you gone keep asking to get it and you not gone be able to get it yet." I shrugged, making her throw her head back and groan.

"I hate it here."

•••

"Hey!" Paris smiled when she saw me walk back into the house before her smile fell and she started to look around. "Where's Key?"

"Her dad called her while we was out and said he wanted to take her to go see a movie so I dropped her off at yo' moms and he picked her up from there." I shrugged my shoulders and she furrowed her eyebrows.