wip || ii.

"I'm all in her head, she's all in my bed. I'm locked and loaded, ready to go like a gun that don't jam."

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈWINSTON-SALEM, NC

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈ
WINSTON-SALEM, NC.

"Nurse Ledè?"

I turned over and looked at Nicole, furrowing my eyebrows. "Yes?"

"Where are you about to go?" She looked up at me before going back to organizing some files. "Like currently, where are you going?"

Lunch...

"I was about to go on my lunch." I held up my bag I had food in. I packed a lunch because the food here and around here was nasty as hell.

"Mr. Lee has requested to eat lunch with you." She told me with an unreadable look on her face. "I asked him why, he simply said because he wanted to."

"I wasn't planning on eating lunch here though."

"You don't have to eat lunch with him, it was just simply a request. I can go tell him you'll pass, it's nothing major."

•••

"Oh, baby, give me one more chance, to show you that I love you. Won't you please let me, back in your heart." Chase hummed along to I Want You Back which was coming through the radio.

He seemed to stay on this station, knowing every song that came on word for word. Like he'd studied the lyrics. I asked Nicole about it, since she seemed to know everything and she told me that since he's been checked in, he's never changed the station.

"Oh, darlin', I was blind to let you go, let you go, baby. But now since I see you in his arms, I want you back." He did a little dance in his seat while I sat down in front of him.

"Why don't you ever change the station?" I asked him out of curiosity, I just wanted to know. I wasn't trying to be nosy.

"Cause I don't want to." He said plainly, looking up at me. "I asked if you could come up here, I feel like you gon' make me regret it."

"I didn't even do anything I just asked you a simple question." I pulled out the chair and sat down. "You're eating too?"

He looked at me with a blank expression. "Yes."

"Why ain't you eating with everybody else? Why do you wanna eat by yourself?"

"Cause I don't like them folks, fuck them people." He said, emphasis on the 'fuck them people'.

"Why don't you like them?" I asked, taking my fruit salad out of the bag while he unwrapped a napkin from around a croissant.

"Cause I just don't, stop asking me questions."

"I don't like to eat in silence." I frowned, I didn't like it at all. If I wanted to eat in silence, I'd eat with dead people.

You know? Cause they can't speak.