wip || xi.

"I'ma smoke this joint then I'ma break you off."

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈWINSTON-SALEM, NC

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈ
WINSTON-SALEM, NC.

"So Paris, this is Anthony. Your new patient." Nicole held a bright smile on her face. "Seeing that you took good care of Chase, I'm hoping you do the same with him."

A little too good of care.

"Of course." I gave Nicole a tight-lipped smile before turning to look at Anthony. "Hi, I'm-"

"Paris."

"Nurse Ledè."

"I'ma pass on calling you that." He nodded his head.

"Um, okay then! How about you two talk to each other and hopefully get along just as well as you and Chase—"

"Can you please stop comparing this to how well me and Chase got along? It's not the same, these are two different people and two different personalities."

"Well then," Nicole chuckled. "My bad."

"Yeah....can you leave out now?" I asked her and she slowly nodded before leaving out and I followed her, going to close the door before going to sit down on the edge of the bed while he sat in a chair.

"So...." He looked around.

"Why're you here?"

He started chuckling. "Don't you know this already?"

"I mean yeah, but I'd rather hear it from you. Then you can explain what led up to it and also, what led to you being checked in. Might as well get a conversation started so it won't be awkward."

"Bet, you got a point pretty lady." He started smirking and I smiled nervously.

•••

"Ooh, fries." I cheesed walking over to Chase and grabbing some fries out of the take out box he had before I sat down on the bed. "This bed is comfortable."

"Mhm," He nodded before looking back at me. "They was talking about me huh?"

"What?" I made a face. "Boy no, they not worried about you."

"Nicole big blimp built ass always worried about me. I'm surprised she ain't said shit this time."

"Yeah, but anyways I got a new patient. His name is Anthony and he's in there because—"

"He?"

"Yup..." I nodded my head slowly as he threw away his empty food box. "You upset or something? Why it seem like your whole mood just changed."

"Nah." He sat down, causing me to stand up and stand in front of him.

"Yes you are. I can tell when somebody's mood changes."