wip || xxviii.

"Oh yeah, oh Miss Alinda where you at? I need your help, I got some demons by my bed."

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈWINSTON-SALEM, NC

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈ
WINSTON-SALEM, NC.

I turned my nose up smelling food coming from the kitchen before getting out of bed and walking towards the kitchen seeing Key and Chase cooking some shit.

"Why it smell like that?" I turned my nose up as I sat down at the island.

"Smell like what? Heaven?" Chase asked.

"Hell."

"Don't try to play me like I'm not the best cook in Winston." He scrunched up his face. "Being in rehab would teach you some shit about cooking, I'm telling you."

"They made your food..."

"But they didn't make the cooking channel so, like I said it taught me some shit about cooking." He said before looking over at Key who looked like she was going back to sleep. "Miss ma'am." He tapped her shoulder.

"Y'all boring." She rubbed her eyes.

"Girl bye." I waved her off. "We was just having grown folks conversation that's why you was bored."

"No. Y'all just boring." She said with a straight face.

"I just need you to give her the plate, that's all." Chase said, giving Key a plate filled with food and she walked over to me and held it out.

"I'm not tall, you gotta put it on the counter." She shrugged and I took the plate from her.

"It's the thought that counts." I sat the plate on the island before looking at her. "I need silverware so that I can eat."

"Dang, can you at least read what I put?" She pointed at the plate. "It was thoughtful."

I looked at it seeing Hapi Muthurs Day in whipped cream. I looked at it again before looking over at Key. "What's your Phonics grade?"

"I dunno, I might be failing." She shrugged.

"We gone get you a tutor."

"Them people can't teach me nothing I can't teach myself." She scrunched her face up. "Butler, we need forks."

"Whoooooo...." Chase started to look around. "You talking to?"

"You." She stared at him blankly. "You're my butler and this is my penthouse."

"Spell penthouse."