wip || xxix.

"Lovin' me ain't easy, if you leave, I don't blame you. Trauma got me fucked up, so I'm mentally unstable."

CHASE AMIR LEEWINSTON-SALEM, NC

CHASE AMIR LEE
WINSTON-SALEM, NC.

"That ugly ass sign." I mumbled looking at the worn out sign for the shop.

I closed the car door and walked through the little garage looking part and just stared at this bean head nigga fixing tires.

I just stood there staring at him before he looked up at me and squinted. "You got a car that need to be fixed?"

"Ion look that fucking different." I scrunched my face up.

"Move out the sun." He moved his hand around and I stepped closer to him and he squinted his eyes again. "Ohhhhh shitttttt."

I just stood there waiting on him to say or do anything but he was just there like he saw a ghost. I don't know why he was so shocked though, he stopped talking to me it was not the other way around.

He stood up and walked over to me and pulled me into one awkward ass hug and I just started looking all around the shot because for one, we ain't talk in six years and you hugging me like we the best of friends.

He pulled away with a big ass smile. "You look just like a nigga."

"Don't ever disrespect me like that again." I looked him up and down.

"Niggas just don't know. I'm that nigga." He made a face. "The hell? You better get into it."

"Don't want to." I shrugged and he blankly stared at me.

"Anyways, why the hell you here?" He walked back over to the car he was working on and I followed behind him.

"Coming here been weighing on me for a while." I scratched the back of my neck.

"You sure?"

"And I had to come see you before Paris tried to fix this relationship herself and...I couldn't let her do it—"

"Who the hell is Paris?" He looked over at me and I just started smiling hard as hell like a goofy. "That's yo' girl ain't it?"

I ain't say nothing and I just kept smiling, making him nod. "Yeah, you keep smiling like a dumb ass so that's yo' girl. Why you couldn't let her help?"

"Because she made me go talk to Ma and it all went wrong. She be trying to help, that's all she ever try to do but it don't ever end up going the right way."