wip || xxiv.

"I just want you to see that I'm trying. Ever since you left, the sun don't shine. Don't wanna lose you in this race against time."

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈWINSTON-SALEM, NC

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈ
WINSTON-SALEM, NC.

"Why the hell you so cheesy?" Chase asked me and I closed my laptop still smiling.

"That first paycheck hit and babyyyy, just cashed out!"

"What you get?"

"I ain't get myself nothing. I bought Key a whole bunch of new clothes and shoes. I wanted to spoil my baby she can barely fit the stuff she got now." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You spent yo' whole check?"

"Most of it. I saved some of it and I'm keeping that on the side for bills and stuff like that." I told him moving my laptop off my lap.

"Mhm." He nodded his head looking around. "Where Keke?"

"In her room with a shitty ass attitude."

"Why?"

"Because she got suspended so I had to leave work early to go get her and when I got there to figure out what she did, her teacher was like she was talking back and calling the teacher all types of bitches—" I stopped talking when he busted out laughing.

"It ain't funny." He stopped laughing and held a straight face. "Keep talking."

"Then when we got in the car I started yelling at her because she was acting out and when we got back home I whooped her."

"You whooped her?"

"Yes because she's not a disrespectful kid. I don't know why she's acting out because she's not ignorant and she doesn't back talk. Even when it seems like she's being slick with me she's not it's just how she is but this? She needed her ass beat."

"You could've just popped her, you ain't even have to whoop her."

"Yes I did. I let her slide so much to the point she thinks it's okay to disrespect the people that are only at that school to help you."

"Mmcht." He started walking down the hall and I scrunched my face up following him.

"Where you going sir?"

"To make sure you ain't make my friend upset." He made a face and I sucked my teeth standing behind him as he opened up her room door.