wip || xii.

"I can't go to sleep, I'm paranoid and it's way too many homicides."

CHASE AMIR LEEWINSTON-SALEM, NC

CHASE AMIR LEE
WINSTON-SALEM, NC.

"You still invited this nigga? What is yo' problem? You fucking slow?" Desmond made a face and I just stood there looking around.

I ain't really been outside in some years, this outside air hitting right now.

"That's a grown ass man, I can do whatever the fuck I want, if he wanna come then he can. I can't change no nigga mind." Jamel said back to him.

They pissing me off I don't even know what I'm here for.

"But he just got out of fucking rehab dumb ass! He don't need to be around the same shit that got him put in there!"

"What y'all got me here for? 'Cause it's late and if it's not no real reason for me to be here, I can go back to where I was." I shrugged my shoulders.

"We gotta go get some shit from Rico crib. We just need an extra hand and—"

"Y'all want me to go to my old dealer house to help y'all get some drugs from him?" I raised my eyebrow up.

"Told yo' ass he wasn't gon' do it. That's why you never shoulda told him." Des stared at him blankly.

"I never said I wasn't gon' do it....I'm getting paid?"

Jamel smacked his lips. "Duh you gon' get paid. You think we would do that to you C? You our boy. We got you, you know this."

Ion know shit.

"So you gon' do it?" Jamel asked.

I need some more fucking money.

"Yeah, come on..."

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈ
WINSTON-SALEM, NC.

"Keyeha, why are you even up? Go to sleep it's about to be 3 in the morning." I made a face.

"Me and Dad watching a movie." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Where's your dad at then?"

"Sleep." She laid her head on his shoulder and moved the phone up so that I could see his face.

"That's what you need to be doing."

She sighed dramatically. "That's boring."