wip || iv.

"Let all the real ones in and close the heaven gates."

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈWINSTON-SALEM, NC

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈ
WINSTON-SALEM, NC.

"You ever been in love before?" I asked.

"Yeah, that lil high school type love? I experienced that before. Nice feeling in the moment." Chase shrugged.

"Was that your first girlfriend?"

"My first and last." He sighed. "Made me realize it ain't that easy getting over somebody."

Please explain because I'm nosy.

"Explain."

"I don't even like you that much." He said, keeping a straight face and I just sat there and stared at him before we both busted out laughing.

"Aw, you smile." I cheesed, reaching over and touching his cheek but he slapped my hand away.

"Germs." He stood up and walked over to his bed and grabbed some hand sanitizer, squeezing it all on his hands. "Keep your hands to yourself, nobody ever told you that?"

"They have, my bad gosh." I rolled my eyes. "Are you gonna tell me now?"

"Is this even apart of your job? Asking me have I ever been in love, have you ever been in love?" He scrunched his face up.

"Yes, it is apart of my job because I have to hold conversations with you so that we can make some sort of progress. Secondly, I have been in love before."

"That's nice, why'd he break up with you?"

"I broke up with him—you know what." I sucked my teeth. "Why'd your ex break up with you?"

"Cause I was strung out on drugs Paris, I thought that as much as I said something you would start to piece the stuff together but I see you haven't."

"I thought that maybe you guys could've broken up after that, my bad." I mumbled. "Go into detail with the relationship, I wanna know."

"No, I don't like talking about my past. I barely like talking about my present, just let it go. I was in love before but I'm not now, understood?"

I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes. "Fine, I guess."

•••

"Aye P?"

"Huh?" I looked up from my phone. I normally didn't get on it, but we were eating lunch and not doing anything right now but wasting time, so I decided to get on my phone.

"You talk to Nicole lately?"

"I talk to her every day I come in, she's my boss I don't really have any other choice." I shrugged.

"She say anything about me getting out?" He looked at me with a certain look on his face.

"Not to me she hasn't." I told him and he threw his head back against the wall.