wip || xv.

"What's the problem? Why you not smilin'? We in the prime of our life."

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈWINSTON-SALEM, NC

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈ
WINSTON-SALEM, NC.

"You still mad?"

"I never said that I was mad." I looked over at him.

"I can't tell."

"That's not my fault that you can't tell but I'm not mad and I'm not gonna keep saying it." I shrugged.

"Why you wanna know so bad?" He leaned against the doorway and I just shrugged.

"I don't know—"

"Yes you do. You got a reason and that's why you kept asking me who she was and if I still loved her."

"Do you?"

"I already answered this question."

"I don't think that was a honest answer." I told him truthfully. No point in hiding how I felt, I felt like he was hiding how he really felt and I didn't like that.

"You don't believe me?"

"I don't because how you claim to not love someone but not even two hours earlier you told them it was no love lost? It has to be love there in the first place."

"I don't love her Paris. At all. Saying that there was no love lost was just to end a conversation. I didn't want to talk to her because we had nothing to talk about and you kept bugging me about a dead relationship and I'm not tryna talk about that again."

"Let me ask this."

"You gon' ask anyways so go ahead."

"Why don't you wanna talk about it?"

"You like talking about old relationships?" He asked.

"I mean not really because they're in the past for a reason but I won't dodge the topic. It's just not that serious to me." I shrugged and he made his way over to me and sat down on the bed. "So you gon' talk to me or no?"

He messed with his hands and sucked his teeth. "Paris I truly hate her."

"Okay but why you hate her so much? Like I understand when people don't like other folks, but you claim to hate her and that's a strong word."

"I know. Why else you think I used it?"

"Just continue and explain to me why you don't like talking about your relationship with her and why you claim to hate her."

"Talking about the relationship I had with Sonny just piss me off because our relationship wasn't good at all. She was always good at flipping the switch, like she'd cheat on me and then flip it and say I don't do enough and maybe if I was a better boyfriend she wouldn't go out and find somebody else who had whatever I was missing.