wip || xviii.

"If you ain't nasty don't at me."

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈWINSTON-SALEM, NC

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈ
WINSTON-SALEM, NC.

"No, Anthony that's not how you play. A draw four can't go over a draw two it just doesn't work like that." I told him and he sucked his teeth.

"Actually yes it is how you play, you just never played like that. I don't know how y'all play here but this is definitely how you play—"

I looked over once I heard the room door open slightly and seeing Nicole's face made my heart drop to my big toe.

"Paris?"

"Yes?" I asked trying to hide my nervousness.

"Can you step out here please? I need to speak to you about something." She said and I nodded my head slowly, placing my cards into a neat stack.

"Uh...um, yeah. Of course." I got out of the chair I was in and she shut the door behind her and I took a deep breath.

"You good?" Anthony asked.

"I will be." I made my way out of the room where Nicole was. "Uh, what would you like to talk about?"

"Follow me," She signaled me and I slowly followed behind her until we made our way to the break room and I entered behind her. "We need to talk."

The four words I promise no female ever wants to hear.

I cleared my throat a little before I decided to speak up. "About?"

"I'm going to ask you something and Paris I need you to answer this question honestly or it won't end well for you, understand?"

I just nodded my head, I didn't really know what to say and I didn't know if it was going to be a good idea to even speak before there was a question, I might up end up saying something that would dig me into a deeper hole than I'm already in.

"While Chase was in our care, were you messing around with him? And by that I don't mean joking around, I mean romantically and sexually were you messing around with him?" She asked and I felt my heart beat a mile a minute.

"...."

"Paris sweetheart you have to answer the question or else I'm just going to assume something." She said and I started to bite the inside of my cheek.

"Yes and Nicole I know that's not professional and I know that me telling you this is putting my job on the line, but it just happened and it really wasn't in my plan, I'm not that type of person at all—"