wip || xxxii.

"As I recall, I know you love to show off."

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈWINSTON-SALEM, NC

PARIS SYMERE LEDÈ
WINSTON-SALEM, NC.

"We can go to Big Bear," I pointed at the laptop screen. "Or we can find another one but most ski resorts are on the other side of the country anyway."

"What about Breckenridge?" He looked up from his phone. "This one in Colorado but it's expensive."

"More expensive than Big Bear?"

"Shit, I don't know. I'm looking at the price and it's like 170 a night. I don't even know how much it's gone be for three people."

"Let's just do Big Bear." I stretched, cracking my back a little. "Pass me my purse, I need to get my card."

"Use mine." He pointed at the side table. "It's right there."

"You just be leaving yo' card around? Now what if I had just stolen it and left you."

"I'd find you." He shrugged his shoulders and I reached over to grab the card. "You sure you wanna go for Christmas?"

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"P, it's the holidays though. That's yo' family too, you one hundred percent sure that you don't wanna stay and spend the holiday—"

"I'm sure. I know my messy ass aunts and nosy ass uncles and cousins gone be there and I don't have time for them to make slick comments about my life and how I'm on my second child but not married even though half of them niggas on their fifth child with no fucking rings—"

"Okay Paris."

"And even when they had rings the shit didn't keep the niggas for long because they ain't got them cheap ass rings no fucking more. They always have something to say about my life, it's getting old."

"Okay Paris."

"I just feel like maybe they should mind their own business 'cause what if I didn't want to get married? Or, what if I just didn't want to get married to you? Then what?"

"Okay Paris, damn."

"You sound like you have an attitude." I frowned. "I didn't mean to make you mad just please stop cursing when you talk to me it makes me feel like I did something to upset you."

"You keep talking about why you don't wanna stay home for Christmas when I already done said okay. I promise if you don't wanna stay we don't have to, I just wanted to know you was sure about not staying."