Chapter 24

"Amy, what are you're doing here?" Trevor came to my room and asked me.

"I have this important thing I need to do on my laptop," I replied, typing on a document on Word.

"Let it go for now. You have plenty of time to do it. I'm bored," Trevor whined.

"I know, I'll finish this in a minute, okay?" I told him.

"No, no, no. You're coming with me right now," he said, attempting to pull me off my bed.

"Trevor, wait, no," I told him.

"No, baby. That's not going to work," he said, successfully pulling me off the bed.

"Okay, okay. Let me shut down my laptop first."

I walked to the living area to see Stranger Things playing on the TV; Hailey was intently watching it. I sat down beside her, taking a handful of hot Cheetos from her.

"I'm sorry for calling you like that. You were in your room for too long; I had to make sure you're fine," Trevor said in an apologetic tone.

"It's okay, babe. You were looking out for me," I replied to him.

We watched the TV show till we decided it was enough for today. Besides, it's already noon.

"Hey, I forgot to tell you guys. Amelia invited us to her apartment. She needs some help apparently," Hailey said.

"When are we going?" I asked.

"I thought if we could grab lunch on the way and have it at her apartment," she said.

"Okay, then. Shall we go now?" Trevor asked, now changed into a T-shirt and jeans.

"Let us get changed too," Hailey said.

After changing, I got myself a spare change of clothes because Amelia being her, wouldn't stop till she spoils us with food and sleeping late at night watching TV while gossiping.

"You ready?" Hailey asked me.

"Yeah, gimme a sec," I said.

We exited the apartment a few minutes after. Hailey volunteered herself to go there in her car, so we walked to her car at the far end of the parking lot.

Hailey started driving, turning the music on. We were having a hard time choosing where we would want to take away lunch; then we decided to order takeout from The Cheesecake Factory. It's been a long time since we've eaten there, so this is a great opportunity to savor their tasty food.

We arrived there, and Trevor went in to order after asking us what we wanted. It took him a long time to come back, so Hailey and I chatted about random stuff in the car.

"So, how's your new work treating you?" Hailey asked.

"It's fine. No different from the previous one," I replied.

"How is he treating you," she asked, emphasizing the word 'he.'

"He's okay. Totally fine," I said to Hailey, altogether leaving out what I did with the very same person.

"Great. But if he made you uncomfortable or unsafe, please tell Jake. I know that man looks nice, but we know how the public perceives him," she said, sounding concerned.

"I know, Hailey. Speaking of that, how about Jake? Isn't he Mr.Durante's best friend?" I asked her. I've been meaning to ask her this question since she started dating Jake.

"I did ask him about it when he started dating. He said not to worry about it. He seemed not to advance the conversation, so I didn't," she told me.