Chapter 32

Work has been going smoothly since we came back. Despite us nearly having a scandal, everything in Durante Enterprises is just fine, even though I'm pretty sure situations like this rarely happen.

"Good morning," I heard a familiar velvety voice.

I greeted my dear new boyfriend/boss back, my eyes still focused on the computer.

He kissed me at the top of my head, hugging me from behind.

"Busy?" he murmured.

I turned around and gave him the 'are you kidding?' look.

"What? I was asking my dear assistant is busy." He raised his hands in defence.

"Well, what does it look like my dear boss?" I asked him. He just laughed.

"You're cute when you're mad. That's why I was teasing you."

"What are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be busier than me?"

"I was, but I needed to see how is my angel doing, even though she's literally a door away from me," he told me.

"I'm fine. Just like always," I reassured him.

He just stared at me after that.

"What?" I asked, my cheeks growing pink.

"It's time. We have to go." Huh? Go to where? I gave him a questioning look.

"You don't remember? We have a photoshoot today," he reminded me.

"Oh shoot yes, I completely forgot about that. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. Come, let's go." He reached out his hand to me.

I held his hand after keeping my things.

"Good morning, Mr.Durante. Good morning, Miss.Roberts," Miss. Campbell greeted us when he stumbled across her.

"Good morning, Miss. Campbell," I greeted her back.

I made friends with Miss. Campbell recently, after nearly three months working here. And let me tell you, she is one of the most unique and inspiring people I've ever met. She was like one of those people you can instantly connect with after meeting them the first time. I even went for lunch with her a few times and found out that we had a lot in common although having different career paths.

Speaking about Alessandro and my relationship with him, it's been the best so far. He didn't formally ask me to be his girlfriend or anything. The next morning after I said I liked him I texted him a 'good morning, babe' and greeted me back with his cute Italian endearments.

There are some days where I drive to work, and some days Alessandro will pick me up. When he picks me up, Trevor will go all the way to talk to him, and strangely enough, both of them spoke like they've known each other. It was nice to see when your new boyfriend is nice to your friends.

He brought me on dates at various sunset watching spots, which we had the greatest time ever. Both of us will bring food, and we'll be there admiring each other throughout the evening. I kind of thought he would bring me to those expensive diners but guess I was wrong, thank god.

One more thing that I recently learned about Alessandro that he loves to take pictures, mostly of me. He'll randomly take photos of me doing something and send them to me with some cute caption, even at work. Even though I spend most of my day with him, he will still send me selfies before going to bed, captioning it with a goodnight. And that handsome face of his will be keeping me up the whole night.

It's crazy to look back and think that me, Amy Roberts, a normal white girl, is dating Alessandro Durante, CEO of Durante Enterprises. I know that he is definitely out of my league appearance-wise, but our relationship is mostly based on our personalities. He smiles whenever he sees me, and there is this twinkle in his eyes which indicated his happiness.