Chapter 6

I am currently in my car in front of the Lockwood Enterprises building. Wow, I've never thought this building will be HUGE! Surely I've seen it on TV and paparazzi accounts, but I've never seen this building in real life. I was taking in all the luxury exerted by the building while finishing my drink.

I woke up with a wave of nervousness wash through my body. Surely I've done a few summer jobs throughout my high school years, I've never done or partook in any professional jobs before, even when I was in university. Projects just consisted of creating computer programs, but that is far from helping me do a great job in a big company's IT department. Realizing that Amelia is going to be my boss, that feeling faded away over time.

Trevor made me some great pancakes for breakfast. Sadly, I just got to see only him before going to work because Hailey had a class at 8.30 a.m. Speaking of Trevor, I actually had sprayed on the perfume he bought because the scent smelt 'professional'? I know that a scent can't be associated with professionalism, but you know what I mean.

A good consumption of a caffeinated drink has always helped me cope with any unpleasant or uncomfortable feelings, so I obviously went to Starbucks to grab myself a Grande-sized Caramel Macchiato.

Stepping out of the car, I was greeted by the chilly wind that touched my skin, giving me slight tingles. Looking towards the building entrance, I can see men and women in neat outfits going through the huge glass door. I even hear the sound of shoes and heels clicking from half a mile away.

I went towards the building, realizing that I have not much time till my interview starts. As I entered the building, I was astounded by the beauty of the building. It looked more like a French museum than a business building. The designs on the wall are immaculate. Mr.Lockwood has done a great job architecting this building, or perhaps it's Amelia because she admires vintage architecture, namely the Romans and the Greeks. She had gone to visit the Colosseum and amphitheaters in Rome two years ago, and she wouldn't stop talking about it for months.

I walked to the reception desk to confirm my interview.

"Excuse me; my name is Amy Roberts. I am supposed to have an interview with the IT department today."

As she was checking the computer, she said, "Oh yes, you do! Your interview is actually in five minutes. You may go to the fifth floor and proceed to the reception desk there."

I thanked her and walked myself to the lift.

Reaching the fifth floor, I was met by the huge sign that read the 'IT Department' in a rather beautiful font and under it was the reception desk.

I walked there and asked, "Good morning, my name is Amy, and I am supposed to have an interview here."

" Good morning too. Yes, you will be having an interview with Mr.Sanders in a few minutes. You may wait till you are called," she replied.

I waited for a few minutes looking at my documents, making sure I didn't lose anything. Honestly, I feel nervous at this time. What if I mess up anything? Sure that Amelia has secured my job here, but what if the IT Department head doesn't like me? So many questions were running through my head at the moment.

As I was in my own world, I was called to meet Mr.Sanders. Walking towards the office door, I knocked on the door, and instantly a deep and gruff voice told me to come in.