Chapter 10

HER

I woke up with a big smile on my face. It's finally Saturday!

I turned to my side to see that Amelia was still sound asleep. She must be in dreamland by the looks of it. Just like me, she deserves a good night's sleep due to work. Even I feel exhausted after working for four days. Imagine what it's like for Amelia, being a boss at such a young age. I would've messed up at the start if I was in the same situation. Not that I don't have self-confidence, but I severely lack leadership skills.

I walked out of my room as quietly as possible to make sure not to wake her up. Walking towards the kitchen, the smell of tuna and toast infiltrated my senses.

"Good morning. I've made some tuna sandwich for all of you today," Trevor said, spreading the tuna on the bread.

"Lemme take a bath first. Where's Hailey?"

"She has a Physics lecture today. I believe she told us last night."

"Yeah," I said, remembering Hailey mentioned it.

I went back to my room and was met with Amelia wide awake, looking at her phone.

"Good morning, boss. Had a good sleep last night?"

"Yes, I did. What's for breakfast today?"

"Trevor made tuna sandwiches."

"Don't you guys eat anything else that doesn't involve bread for breakfast?" she asked.

"Nope. I mean, kind of. We do have salad sometimes, though."

"Whatever. I'm going to shower. I'll use Hailey's bathroom," she said and went out of my room.

I had a quick shower and got ready for the day. I didn't take time to get ready because I will stay inside my apartment just like every other weekend, being the introvert that I am. Trevor had separated my sandwich from others because I like mine with cheese in it. Taking my plate, I grabbed my mug from the coffee maker and went to the living area to watch TV. Netflix just released the new season of Lucifer, and I'm excited to watch it.

It was almost noon when Hailey came back from her lecture. By looking at her face as she walked into the apartment, I could tell that she has some great news.

"Guess what? Jake just called me on another date! Again! In two hours!" she exclaimed.

"That's great, Hailey! C'mon, c'mon get ready. Time's running." Trevor excitedly said, pushing her into her room.

"Okay, okay, Trevor. I'll get ready," she yelled from her room.

"Hmm...... he seems to change my perspective about these rich guys. He has that playboy look, but hey, don't judge a book by its cover," Amelia said.

"Indeed. Jake seems like a nice guy," I told her. Trevor nodded in agreement.

"I wonder how he does keep up with Alessandro Durante."

"What do you mean Amelia," I asked her in curiosity.

"Oh, you don't know? Jake is the CFO of Durante Enterprises," she said, sounding obvious.

I was shocked upon hearing that. Nonetheless, I was worried about Hailey. If Jake was the CFO of his company, is he involved in the mafia as well? Will Hailey be in danger of dating Jake? All these questions are running in my mind. I made a mental note to ask Hailey about this soon enough. Asking her now will make her sad. So, better be safe than sorry.