Chapter 9

HIM

"Mr. Durante, these are some documents that require your signature," my assistant said, handing me a few files.

I took the files and said, "You may collect it when I'm done with the day, Miss. Adams."

Miss Adams has been my assistant for a few years now. She is the only person that works for their job. Assistants before this only got the job so that they could enjoy my presence. They always try so hard to get my attention, but little did they know that all my attention is on someone special.

I took out my phone to call Jake, CFO of Durante Enterprises, and my best friend since childhood. I was then distracted from what I was supposed to do at that moment. More like astounded by my angels' beauty. If you're wondering, yes, she is my phone wallpaper. I know it sounds creepy and stalker-ish, but this is the only way for me to satisfy myself rather than meeting her. Meeting her in real life can cause danger to her and everyone associated with her. And I'm just too hesitant to meet her. I know, mind-blowing. I know for sure if I meet my angel, my emotions will go haywire, and it will be hard to control myself.

Coming back to what I was supposed to do, I called him.

"Hey, Sandro, what's up? I'm sorry I took today off."

"No, never mind. You've been working a lot recently. You deserve some rest."

"Thanks, man. By the way, is there something I can help you with?"

"Umm..... I know we've not been giving ourselves time recently due to our upcoming product launch. To compensate for that, I was going to ask if you want to have dinner at a restaurant tonight. I promise we won't talk about business. Just casual talk."

" Finally, you've finally realized that, Sandro. And yes, I will come. Which restaurant?"

"The recently opened restaurant at Lockwood Hotel. I'll pick you up at 7:30."

"Roger that, sir. And oh, I just remembered something."

"What?"

"Guess who's going to the same place tonight?"

"Her?" I curiously asked.

"The one and only. It was Amelia Lockwood's idea, apparently. She wanted to celebrate Amy's employment at Lockwood Industries at the restaurant in the hotel. Her friend, Hailey, told me."

A grin came to my face upon hearing that.

"You promise you won't bite the girl when you see her? Cuz I know you will."

"Jake, I'm not that crazy, okay?"

" That's what you say, man."

"Whatever."

"Okay, man. I want to get ready. Bye."

"See you afterward. Bye," I said and kept my phone.

I returned to doing my tasks of the day. After a few hours, I looked at my clock, which showed 5:30 pm. Knowing that my house is quite the distance from my workplace, I kept my stuff and went out of my office. Before heading out, I went to my assistant's office.

"Miss. Adams, I've already signed the documents that you've given me," I said while handing it to her.

"Mr. Durante, you should've called me on the intercom and asked me to receive it."

"Never mind. It's already enough that you're working whilst pregnant. I don't want you to be walking around a lot."

"Thank you for your thoughtfulness, sir. It is very much appreciated."