Chapter 26

I've been staying with Alessandro for a few days, and I must say, it was way better than I expected.

We would work throughout the morning at Alessandro's study. We would have daily meetings with the team and go on with our work. Then we'll have our lunch, which I insisted on cooking most of the time, and just watching TV. He would go on with his daily routine, probably working out most of the time while I will be on group FaceTime with my best friends for hours. Then at night, we would watch movies till it's late.

Now, we're currently done with our work today, and we're presently deciding who's going to cook lunch.

"I"m going to do it. No more arguments," I said to him.

"You've been cooking for the last few days. Now, I wanna cook for you," he said.

"You must be used to your cooking. Maybe it'll be a change for you," I told him.

"No, I want to cook some good homemade Italian food for you," he replied, and I just looked at him.

"If you loved my simple pasta, you must love this," he said, grabbing my wrist and storming out of the study.

We went to the kitchen in a swift, me being breathless when we stopped because I can't keep up to his pace.

His face showed pure happiness; a huge goofy grin etched on his face. It strangely made my heart swell, seeing how happy he looked. I've never seen someone so excited to cook a simple meal before.

"Hey, Amy, can you help me with this?" he excitedly asked.

"Y-yeah, sure."

He gave me a knife and demonstrated how to cut the vegetables because apparently, they needed to be cut in a specific way.

"I'm sorry, Amy, but the way you're cutting the onion is wrong," Alessandro said.

"What do you mean? Even the onion has a specific way to cut? Nevertheless, the outcome is going to be the same," I replied.

"No, it's not the same," he said, slowly placing his hands on mine.

My body stiffened upon his action. The feeling of his firm, broad chest on my back, his warm breath hitting the back of my neck, was strange.

It somehow made me safe and protected. I don't know; all these feelings blossomed in my heart since I've set my eyes on this man.

I found myself leaning onto him, which I quickly prevented myself from doing.

"This is how you should do it," he said, placing the onion in an angle and cutting it slowly.

His calloused palm on my hand, cutting the onion in full precision, into thin and fine slices. I couldn't focus on what was happening due to his proximity. Never in my life, I've been this close with a member of the opposite sex before.

"Now, you turn it around and cut it into small dices," he said in a low voice, almost a whisper.

His grip on my hand tightened, increasing the state of a haze I was in. I felt him take a long breath on his nose. He then exhaled ruggedly, making me slightly shiver. He proceeded to cut the onion, just like he said, small dices. He was cutting slowly, probably for me to catch on to what he's doing, but it wasn't even helping me in the slightest.

I felt the heat radiating from his body slowly subside, indicating that he had moved from his initial position. Again, I found myself strangely craving for it, making me blush deeply.

"Did you get it?" he asked me as if he didn't notice that I went through a myriad of emotions in a span of a few minutes.

"Yes," I replied, earning a satisfied look from him. There was also a mysterious glint in his eyes, which was hard for me to ignore.