Chapter 34

I am incredibly nervous. As time is going on, the feeling is just increasing over time.

If you're confused, Alessandro and I are going to a charity gala tonight.

This means is that this is the first time we will be in the eyes of the general public and paparazzi together. We've managed to keep our relationship a secret for a while now, and I'm sure that will change tonight.

That is one of the reasons I'm freaking out right now. The other one is that of my appearance.

Look at it, Amy, who used to say 'I don't give a damn about my appearance,' is now thinking the opposite.

My concerns are valid for a person who's dating someone out of their league. People are definitely going to have mixed reactions to Alessandro's newfound relationship.

First of all, everyone will freak out after knowing that a good-looking, single businessman is now in a committed relationship. Second of all, since both of us belong in different social statuses and me being Alessandro's assistant, I'm probably going to be portrayed by the public in the wrong way. Now that is what I am so scared of.

I obviously talked about it to Alessandro because we promised not to hide anything from each other. He told me not to worry about it, and if anything about me was put up in media in the wrong way, he could take care of it.

I talked to Amelia, considering that she's been in the spotlight since she was born. She told me the same thing; not to worry about anything. She told me to not care about what people say about me, which is true. I know that I am the right person, and peoples' biased and immature claims shouldn't be bothering me the slightest.

Speaking of Amelia, she will be attending the gala and her assistant, which I'm so thankful for. I don't want to look like a loner with those rich wives while Alessandro talks to other businessmen.

As of now, I'm setting my makeup using a setting spray.

I wore a black dress with a slit on my right leg. I was hell-bent on lending a dress from Amelia because I'm sure I can't be wearing Forever 21 in a place where people wear clothes that are worth thousands.

But Alessandro literally gave me his credit card to buy myself a dress. He told me that he will be checking his transactions, making sure I really bought something. I asked Amelia which designer to have the best dresses. After an hour, she was in front of my apartment and took me to Dolce Gabanna.

"Amy?" Alessandro yelled out to me from his room.

"I'm coming." I kept my makeup in my makeup bag and sprayed myself with perfume.

"Yes." I went into his room only to be met with nothing.

Then after a few minutes, he came out from the walk-in closet. Even with no tie and suit, he looked dashing.

"How do I look?" Both of us said in unison.

"You go first," I said to him.

"What can I say about you, bella; you look beautiful. I literally call you beautiful every day."

"I could say the same for you, Alessandro."

"Aren't you supposed to wear a tie? Or is it like a new trend where you don't wear one?" I asked him.

"I was waiting for you to notice. Can you tie my tie, please?" he pouted. I laughed at his cute expression and pinched his stubbly cheeks.

"The ties are in my closet." He brought me into the closet.

The place had no colour. The ceiling, walls, cupboards, and drawers are all white. There were rows upon rows of suits consisting of different designers because they were labels on the railing. I opened the drawers, and I'm blessed with the sight upon my eyes.