Chapter 45

Another typical day of work went by in a snap of a finger.

I don't know whether I was so into my work today till I lose track of time or time is really running fast.

The workload for today was slightly higher than most days as I have to cover for Alessandro for the few hours he was unavailable.

Alessandro and I hadn't talked since right before his interview with GQ. I heard a little bit of his voice and the interviewer's voice, but I didn't really catch on what he was being interviewed about. I hoped it went well.

"Hey." I felt Alessandro creeping behind me.

"Hey," I said back, my eyes still on my computer.

"What are you so intent about?" Alessandro questioned, kneeling down to my level.

"Wait a second........and.........done!" I exclaimed, finally finishing the document that I had been typing for the past hour and saving it.

"We're half an hour off work now," Alessandro said, glancing at his watch.

"Wait, really? I didn't realise that."

"Here, lemme help you," Alessandro said, leaving his briefcase on the floor and helping me to pack up.

"Bella, I hope you don't get mad at me," Alessandro hesitantly said, entering the car.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I bought you a dress, actually, I bought your whole outfit," he said.

"I was too busy I didn't even think about what am I going to wear afterwards."

"You're lucky I got it covered."

"I think I'll be bringing you for a shopping spree soon," he announced.

"You don't need to. I'll buy it myself when I have time," I told him.

"That's what you always say, bella, but I've never once seen you going on a proper shopping spree."

"The one that costs thousands of dollars?" I asked.

"Yes." I stayed silent.

"Bella I know you don't like expensive things and I know that you want to be independent, but for once let me spend some money on you. This is not me asserting dominance over you, I assure it. This is just me caring for you. I have all this money and who does it belong to? You and I," Alessandro ranted.

I felt terrible after he said that. I feel like I'm thinking too narrow.

"Shall we go this weekend?" I asked.

"Really? We'll go for shopping?" Alessandro excitedly asked.

"Yes, yes."

"I'm sorry for underestimating you Alessandro," I said apologetically.

"It's okay, bella. I completely understand your point of view. No need to say sorry," he replied.

Soft pop music was playing in the background, setting a peaceful scene.

"So what happened during the interview? You have to tell me everything," I asked.

"Uhh.....they asked me more about myself and my lifestyle at first. Then about Durante Enterprises and how I was able to be successful in a young age which I was excited to answer about. A little bit about fashion and lastly about our relationship."

"What did they ask about us?"

"The questions were more about how the world perceives about us; like how are we able to separate our professional and romantic relationships apart? do we have internal conflicts due to the predicament we're in?Basically how are we maintaining this relationship even though there are many ways that can go wrong," Alessandro said.