Chapter 7

"So how do you think Amy is going to work there, huh, Trevor?" Hailey mumbled while munching on the peanut butter and jelly sandwich that I made just now.

"I think she's going to do just fine....right, Amy?" Trevor questioned me.

"I hope so. I hope that there's at least one woman on the team; if not, then those men are going to have a hard time communicating with me," I replied while having the last bite of my sandwich.

"I think you're going to do just fine. You were leading every single group assignment assigned to you throughout university. And you don't need to be scared of those men; it's not that they're going to bite you. Even if they did anything to you, Amelia Lockwood is there to rescue you," Hailey said sheepishly.

"Or you could just go to Amelia's office when you're bored," Trevor said.

"Now that's the last thing I'm going to do. Even though she's my friend, she's my boss at work too. I've got to keep things professional. Also, I don't want the team to know that I'm privileged. The interview was just a mere formality, you know?"

"You're right, Amy. I definitely gotta keep things professional. Wait till you get yourself a man at work," Hailey sassed.

"Ooh........office romance is legit hot Amy. Don't forget, either way, you are going to get men's attention, and you're going to be asked out by a guy some time," Trevor said.

"Nope. Not going to happen to me."

"Yeah, we'll see about that," both said in unison.

"Okay, guys. I need to go to work. I'm running out of time," I said.

Both of them engulfed me in a big hug peppering me with kisses on my cheek.

"Okay, okay, guys. Stop, stop!" I giggled.

"We love you so much, Amy. Good luck on your first day at work," Trevor said.

"Sure, thank you to both of you."

I said my goodbyes to them and left my apartment.

I had my coffee during breakfast, so there's no need for a trip to Starbucks. Upon sitting on the driver's seat, I plugged my phone into the AUX cord, and Scars To Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara instantly started to play. Okay, what a great song to start my day with!

Parking my car at the parking lot of Lockwood Enterprises, I made my way inside the building. I waved at the main receptionist as I walked past the reception desk.

As I emerged from the lift to the fifth floor, I met Chelsea having a conversation with a rather tall man.

"Good morning, Amy. Mr. Adams here is expecting you, actually. He will be showing you around and introducing you to the IT Department."

I turned to see the man that she was talking about. The man looked like he was in his late twenties, quite charming, to be honest. He has green eyes, just like Amelia, but darker. And he has quite a good build too.

Realizing that I was staring at him for a moment, I looked down at my shoes, and a blush crept on my face.

"It's okay, Miss. Roberts. I know women can't resist me," he said in a cocky manner.

Normally, any other woman will be annoyed by his cocky endearment, but me being me, I just remained silent.

"Stop there, Hunter. You're going to scare the girl away," Chelsea told him.

He chuckled.

"After you, Miss. Roberts. The team is waiting for you."

"S-sure Mr. Adams."