Chapter 15

"Hey, guys. Breakfast is ready!" I yelled from the kitchen as I prepared avocado toasts and some hot chocolate for my friends.

"Be right there in a minute, Amy," Trevor yelled back.

"Thanks for the food, girl," Amelia said while biting on a toast.

I then grabbed myself two toasts and my mug and went to sit in front of the TV. Today is Saturday, thank god. It's not that I hate my job, but sitting in one place for the whole day can truly get to you. Not even after two months of working here, I've started to have back pains and migraines a lot. Every time it happens, I always tell myself that I would get used to it.

"Oh my goodness, I don't know if it's because it's been a long time since I've eaten this, but this is scrumptious," Trevor mumbled and bit another part of his toast.

I went back to the kitchen to pour myself some hot chocolate again. Something about this drink is really giving me this soothing feeling.

"Amy, babe, can you come here for a second?" Trevor called me.

I went to the living area as he was also in front of the TV.

"Yes, anything, Trevor?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry, Amy. I know that you're resting during the weekends, but can you get some groceries and put our clothes in the laundry? I thought of doing it since Hailey isn't here, but I have an important project due in a few days. Again, I'm sorry, girl," he said.

"It's okay, Trevor. I'll do it," I said and went to everyone's rooms to collect their clothes. Putting them in a big laundry bucket, I went to the washing machine and transferred the clothes into it.

I changed into some better clothes as all I was wearing was a T-shirt and shorts. I grabbed my keys, and as I was walking towards the door, a loud beep sound invaded the apartment. It was the washing machine.

I went to the washing machine to see that the word 'Error' and some numbers were on display. Great! Guess I have to bring those clothes to the laundromat. I transferred the clothes back into the laundry basket, brought my other stuff, and went out of the apartment.

Living in the city has its pros and cons. Surely there are severe amounts of sound and air pollution, but one of the pros is that every shop is just a short walk away, including the laundromat.

As soon as putting the clothes inside the washer, I walked back to the apartment's parking lot. I turned on the ignition of my car and drove myself to Walmart.

I was at the poultry aisle when I felt my phone vibrating. It was Hailey.

"Hey, Hailey. What's up?"

"Hi, Amy. Where are you? Are you busy?"

"No. I'm just at Walmart. I assumed something happened yesterday night which made you stay at Jake's place."

I heard her chuckle a bit. "I will tell you everything when I'm back. I called you to ask for something."

"Yeah, sure. What's up?"

"So, Jake invited me to be his plus one for his company's' upcoming product launch. I believe he called Amelia too."

"Yeah, she was invited. She asked me to be her plus one. What about that?"

"Have you already bought a dress for the event? If you haven't, we could go shopping today if you want. Jake couldn't follow me because he's busy. Bring Amelia too."

"Sure, why not? What time? Where do we meet?"

"Jake is sending me to our apartment by 2:30. We'll go from there."