Chapter 8

I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that it's already the weekend. Four days of working at Lockwood Enterprises was truly hectic, hence my inability to catch up with time. I have finally finished my first task given three days ago. Surely it was the easiest thing to do for anyone who knows to code, fixing a small bug in a complex system, but the finalization process takes much longer than I thought. Mr. Sanders himself must approve changes to the code, and the code must be revised if he doesn't like it, which happened twice.

Looking at the digital clock on my computer, which displayed 6 pm, I kept my bag and closed the lights. As soon as I left my office, I waved goodbye to everyone as I walked towards the lift. I went towards the reception desk after seeing Chelsea there.

"Hey, newbie. How's work so far?" Chelsea asked.

"It's fine. I've finally finished my first task after two revisions of the code. Did you realize that the week went by swiftly?"

"Oh my god! I know, right?"

"Okay, Chelsea. It's getting late. See you next week," I said.

"See you soon. Goodbye!" she said, and I went down to my car.

Upon parking my car in the parking lot of my apartment, I came out, bringing my bag just to have a feeling of being watched. I turned around to see if my instincts were true, but sadly they weren't. But there was one thing that caught my eye. A black Range Rover that was three cars away on the opposite side of my car. I couldn't see anyone in the car because the windows were tinted in a darker shade. This was unusual. I've never seen this car before.

Or perhaps it was someone new who had just moved into their apartment.

I shrugged it off and went to my apartment. Despite me being tired, I'm excited about tonight because we will celebrate my employment at Lockwood Enterprises. It was not my idea, though; it was Trevor's. I opened the door to see three of my best friends dressed up for the night.

"Hey, girl!" Trevor exclaimed.

"Hi, everyone. Amelia, what are you doing here earlier than me? Aren't you supposed to be at work?" I questioned her out of curiosity.

"Uhm...... I was supposed to call Mr. Sanders to dismiss you earlier, and I forgot about it because there was a meeting before I came here. Sorry," she replied.

"Never mind. Okay, guys, I'll be ready as soon as I can. Sorry for keeping you guys waiting."

"It's okay. Take your time. Just dress casual, by the way," Hailey said.

I went to my room and took a shower. Coming out of my shower smelling like strawberries and watermelon, I dried myself up and wore a pink turtleneck and skinny ripped jeans. I then dried my damp hair, applied lip gloss, and concealer to hide the tiredness that can be seen on my face.

"Come on, guys. Let's go," I said after putting my phone and wallet in my purse.

Coming down to the parking lot, the war of whose car will be used for the night began, just like always.

"Come on, Trevor. Don't be stubborn now. We've been using Amelia's car for months now," said Hailey.

"Nope. No way. I'm not sacrificing my fuel for this."

"I swear to God Trevor; you're so self-."

"Stop! Let's use my car, okay?" I interjected.

Everyone was nodding their heads, so we went to my car. Hailey practically ran to the passenger seat, leaving Amelia and Trevor behind for obvious reasons. I sighed at that.