SEVEN

We had caught our culprit

We had caught our culprit. Or in Kasy and Ms. Isong's case, the suicide victim.

Asides from occasionally stealing snacks from her bag, I didn't know Amira Yusuf well.

I knew she competed with Annika in science class and I also knew she was the exact opposite of her twin brother, Ahmed Yusuf, and let's not forget the fact that she's been besties with Tari Disemi since creation. But then, all those were general knowledge.

We didn't know why Amira would want to take her life, but not everything was as it appeared. And that's why we didn't conclude on Amira Yusuf.

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

"We can never be hundred percent sure she's the one," Ms. Isong said. CJ was already halfway through the door after Kasy had called out Amira's name. To him, it was case closed since he had more important things to do than play detective.

"So what do we do?" CJ asked as he made his way back to Ms. Isong's desk. "It's not like we can walk up to her and ask, 'hey Amina, are you planning to commit suicide?'"

"It's Amira," Kasy corrected.

"The same thing," CJ deadpanned.

"Look," Ms. Isong started, "I just need you to get close to her and see if she'd talk about anything...depressing or, I don't know..."

"She'll never talk to me," CJ concluded.

"Or you mean you'll never talk to her," Kasy stated with raised bushy eyebrows.

"Same thing," CJ mumbled.

"Kasy," Ms. Isong called, "she's much more likely to open up to you."

"Duh," CJ mumbled with arms folded in front of his chest but the two females in the room heard him. "So, are we done here because I have things to do?"

"Yeah, you can go," Ms. Isong said before the two students began making their way out of the staffroom, "Kasy," Ms. Isong called out.

Kasy turned around and headed back to Ms. Isong's desk.

"Uhm... I know that CJ isn't exactly enthusiastic about this task but... I need you to try your best, even if you have to do it alone," said Ms. Isong.

Kasy gave a curt nod. "I will."

"Thank you." Ms. Isong smiled warmly before Kasy left the staffroom.