TWENTY THREE

In every story is should be clear who the heroes and villains are

In every story is should be clear who the heroes and villains are. Granted, everyone had their own perception of who a hero was and who a villain was. Some may argue that there were no such things as villains since every character acted with a motif.

No one was born bad. It was just circumstances making us do things and pursue things we were never meant to have.

This isn't exactly a story for the villains but you need to look closely at everyone and truly determine if they deserved to be called villains. Because at the end, tables might turn and villains became heroes and heroes became villains.

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

It was just the same as the other nights that week. She would jolt up from her bed in the middle of the night, breathing heavily, crying and drenched in her own sweat She tried to calm her nerves while hoping that she hadn't woken anyone up with the noise she was making.

She retrieved her phone from under her pillow and turned it on.

5:23 AM.

And thirty three missed calls from Charles Elias.

Tari got out of bed and left her room to go downstairs and get water. Her throat was dried up for some reason. She would start getting ready for church after that. Their parents always strict when it came to Sunday mornings. According to their mother, they had to set examples by being early. But then again, they owned the church so they had to be early anyway.

"Timi, midterm tests are over," Tari grumbled with irritation when she had entered the dinning area and found Timi with what looked like a Further Mathematics textbooks. In fact, Timi had covered the entire table with books.

Tari headed for the water dispenser while Timi adjusted his glasses. It was still very dark outside but the fluorescent lights in the house made that hard to tell.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean I'll stop studying," Tari heard her brother's voice behind her as she filled a plastic cup with water.

"That's what it means for me." Tari turned and took the seat next to Timi before putting away the books in front of her to make space where she dropped her cup of water.

"Why are you awake?" Timi asked her. It didn't look like he was going back to his books anymore.

"What sort of question is that? You know mummy always says we should wake up before 5:30 on Sundays." She shrugged and sipped her water.

"Yes, and it's the same mummy that barges into your room by 7 AM to wake you up every Sunday," Timi deadpanned.

"Well, today is different."

"It's not different," said Timi, "you had a nightmare again."

Tari didn't say anything, she simply stared at her cup of water. Timi didn't say anything either, he wanted her to say something, but he wasn't going to pressure her by staring at her. He looked down at the book in front of him.