THIRTY TWO

One major problem on earth is that some people just don't understand the concept of being human

One major problem on earth is that some people just don't understand the concept of being human. Some people thought they were robots or something like that.

That was the only explanation for someone who didn't know that as a human being, you're going to cry when it got too much. As a human being, sometimes you're going to breakdown. As a human being, you are bound to wake up some days feeling like shit.

If only we could understand that, then we would treat others with respect and with more empathy.

No one was emotionally bulletproof. No matter how strong we were, there were still things that pierced our hard skin.

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

Just like any other thing the Disemi triplets did together, packing overnight bags for the Nero Sports Olympics was rowdy and noisy. Tamara didn't pack much so she didn't join Timi and Tari in arguing on who should make use of the extra and only bag left in packing their remaining things.

Tamara didn't feel like going. In fact, she did not want to go. There was no use and sharing space with her noisy classmates. And it was obvious she wasn't going to be helping the school win more medals either.

"Okay!" Tari called the attention of her siblings as she sashayed into Timi's room holding up two different outfits in both hands. "Which of these says 'hey, Shade Onam, I'm your biggest fan and worthy to be your stylist?'"

Tamara and Timi exchanged bored looks before turning back to Tari who was still standing at the door, grinning from ear to ear.

Timi breathed out. "Tari, we don't know if Shade Onam is going to be there," he said as slow as possible for the words to sink into his sister's head.

"Of course, she will. She goes to Castron High, and it's her set that's coming for the competition," Tari countered, walking over to drop the clothes next to Tamara on Timi's bed.

"And you think one of the most popular teenage models in the continent is going to leave every single thing she has going on in Lagos and come to Abuja for some stupid sports competition," Timi stated as-a-matter-factly.

"Timi has a point," Tamara felt the need to add.

Tari turned to her sister. She had taken a position as the edge of the bed. "Hey, I thought you were the mother of faith? Have some faith!" Tari told Tamara.

Tamara raised her eyebrows at her sister.

"Anyway," Tari was now focused on her phone, "I need fashion advice and since the both of you have decided to be nothing but kill joys this morning, I'll just send pictures to Ahmed and ask him which one is better."

Tamara turned to exchange quizzical looks with Timi once again. Did she just say what they heard her say?

"Did you just say Ahmed?" Timi finally asked Tari, laying emphasis on the name.