FORTY SEVEN

We all cry for help in different ways. If you pay enough attention, you might realize when the happiest in the room is crying for help.

In most cases, you'd never hear a cry for help until it was too late. And that's not your fault. You have your own demons to fight.

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

Sola had dared Enock to a dance off with Marcus Acha and  Affah from Castron High  and they were fire on the dance floor. Affah had to be a Michael Jackson incarnate because his break dance moves were mindblowing. Marcus on the hand was smooth with his moves as well, going at it like the professional he was. Enock was barely keeping up.

The Olympics officials had left long ago even before Casper's song. And there were no teachers in sight either so it was a full on party now.

After the dance off, Aaron  brought up the fact that they would want to see a Newland student sing as well since Casper already did so. Majority seemed to agree and soon, it became a matter of who was going to sing.

"It's your turn," Enock said, nudging Sola. Casper's light skinned friend, Aaron was on stage, calling out to the Newland students. It didn't seem like anyone was coming forth.

Sola turned to her boyfriend. "My turn for what?"

"I dare you to go and sing," he said. "You can't refuse. I carried out my own dare."

Sola laughed, shaking her head. "I'm not singing."

"Who's singing?" Annika pitched in on overhearing them.

"Sola," replied Enock.

"No, I'm not."

"But you have a nice voice…" Annika said.

Sola opened her mouth to speak but Enock grabbed her wrist and began pulling her towards the stage while she protested. People began cheering when they noticed them heading to the stage.

"See, Adam is already there, no need," Sola said on getting to the front of the crowd and seeing Adam getting on stage from the other side. "Enock, you're embarrassing me," she whispered as he pulled her up the stage. If he'd heard anything she'd been saying, he didn't act like it.

"Okay! We have two people!" Aaron said, turning to look at Adam and Sola on both sides. "Who's going first?"

Adam began making his way down the stage but Sola rushed towards him and held his wrist. "Where do you think you're going?"

"You can go first. I didn't even want to sing but Kasy was begging me and I couldn't say no to her."

Sola gave the boy a once-over. "You're sure you can sing?" She asked him. The audience patiently waited, watching them whisper. Adam simply shrugged. "You'll sing with me."

With that, she pulled him over to the center of the stage where the mics were.

"A duet!" Aaron announced the obvious and people cheered. "What will you be singing?" he asked them.

"Say Something," Sola replied immediately. Adam rolled his eyes at the fact that she didn't even care if he knew the song or not. He did, thankfully.

Adam noticed Sola's hands shaking as she held onto the mic like her life depended on it. She probably had stage fright, which explained why she wanted him to sing with her. Adam didn't have stage fright since he used to sing in the choir but he was still very shy. He didn't think there was a possibility they wouldn't butcher the song.