TWENTY SEVEN

There were good times and there were ugly ones

There were good times and there were ugly ones. We would want to hold on to the good memories while we went through the ugly experiences but it was very difficult. When you were going through hell, it was almost impossible to remember that there was a heaven.

We brought the ugly times upon us. Not knowingly. But every action we took brought us closer to doomsday.

Be careful of the things you do, kids.

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

Timi and Zehan were the last ones to walk into the Chemistry laboratory. Timi had missed the Physics practical class he'd wanted to attend but he was right on time for Chemistry.

Everyone was putting on their lab coats since Mr. Tim, the Chemistry teacher had made it compulsory. The lab was big enough to accommodate nearly forty science students but apparatus was what they lacked.

"You're finally going to do the titration experiment I explained last time," Mr. Tim announced, "so pair up because we don't have enough equipments. Someone should help me get the rest of the beakers."

While the middle aged man fetched the dusty beakers from the cupboard underneath one of large tables used for practicals, the students moved around and claimed their partners.

Amira made a beeline to where Timi was standing but just as she got to him, he was also walking over to Annika Malan.

Ironically, just as Timi had gotten to Annika's right hand side, Dele equally appeared on her left.

For a moment Annika didn't notice that the Head Boy and Deputy Head Boy were standing on both her sides, glaring at each other. She was too busy setting up her retort stand in front of her to notice.

Amira felt like she would run mad as she stood at the spot where Timi had unknowingly left her, watching as he and Dele silently fought over Annika. She didn't even feel like crying because she was too furious. Amira felt like she could grab her retort stand and crack Annika's head open with it.

When Annika noticed the two boys standing next to her, she turned to Dele on her left and turned to Timi on her right with a clueless expression, at first.

Dele averted his gaze from Timi and wore a warm smile as he turned to Annika. "Hey, lemme help you with that," he said as he began helping Annika tighten burette into the burette clamp.

She opened her mouth to speak but Timi spoke up first. "We can do the experiment together."

"She already has a partner," Dele snapped at Timi, sending him a deadly glare as he was still mindlessly placing the burette properly.

Annika gave both boys a quizzical look before she cleared her throat and clasped her hands together. "Yes, Timi, I do have a partner."

"I told you," Dele quickly said to Timi with a smirk lingering on his lips.