TWENTY NINE

A lot of us were being braver than we ever thought we could be, doing things that called for dire consequences

A lot of us were being braver than we ever thought we could be, doing things that called for dire consequences. Some of us were putting up a facade, painting the pictures we wanted everyone to see on damaged canvas.

There was a lot to learn and much more to come to terms with.

It would've just been better if we didn't have to learn it through the hard way.

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

A cheerful, genuine smile. Graceful strides. Soft spoken words. An uplifting and peaceful aura inside-out.

That was how Tamara Disemi did God's work. Although some people would appreciate it if that God's work did not include distributing gospel tracts at school the way she was doing that Friday morning.

"You've got to be kidding me," Tamara heard her sister mumble as she walked past where she stood with Timi. It was no surprise that Tari wasn't much of a fan of Tamara's school evangelism. Asides the fact that Tari had specifically begged her not to take those tracts to school that morning, Tamara made sure to personally hand the booklet to each and everyone of their classmates while speaking about eternal life to those who cared to listen.

Tamara ignored Tari as she walked past her siblings to the rest of her classmates scattered in the SS 2 passageway. Nothing was going to ruin her mood that morning.

"Hey, good morning," she beamed when she got to where Adam stood, explaining something to Zehan and Charles. "Remember that Jesus loves you. Remain blessed..." she recited the same thing been saying the entire morning as she handed the booklet to each of them.

"Uh...no, thank you," Zehan said, looking down at the tract Tamara outstretched to him.

Tamara was about to speak when Adam interrupted. "We attend the same church. I have like ten of these at home..."

"What's it doing at home?" Tamara asked and she watched Adam roll his eyes. "You should be spreading God's word."

Charles actively fought the urge not to burst into laughter as he snickered at the awkward situation. Tamara only sent him a brief look before turning back to Adam.

"You should be spreading the gospel, especially with...your friend here," she said the last part, smiling at Zehan.

Zehan stared and down and nearly cut her in half with the lasers his eyes were shooting. "Girl, I just hope you ain't talking about me."

"Of course- "

"Tamara, just go and continue sharing...the gospel," Adam politely dismissed her, averting what was about to become an argument between her and her cousin.

Tamara decided to let it go as she put her smile back on and went on to her other classmates who were aimlessly wondering about the hallway.

"...I just felt like it was you. It was a strong reason- " Kasy was telling CJ before the Chapel prefect appeared in front of them.