FOUR

At this point, it would only be reasonable to ask the following questions;

What would be the aftereffect of Ahmed's actions?

What would be Zehan's next decision?

And what happened to Ismael?

Where is our story headed?

You should reconsider knowing the answers to these questions. Why? Because they don't make things any better.

Like I said before, the things we do have an aftereffect on not just ourselves but people around us and people we never knew. And sometimes, the aftereffect of our actions still manifest after we're dead.

Not all stories were meant to have a happy ending. Ismael's didn't. And many others won't.

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

Dele and his crew had remained unusually quiet in class to the amazement of some. With Ahmed's arms folded across his chest as he looked into nothingness and with Dele occasionally rubbing his palm over his face like someone who was agitated, Enock licked his lips now and then as he recounted the incident with Ahmed and the junior student earlier that morning.

They were all thinking about it but when Enock had realized that his crouch had hardened and that he was aroused by what Ahmed had done earlier, he managed to get up and run out of the class with his friends not taking much meaning to it.

Besides, Dele was too occupied with his increasing heartbeat to care about anything at that moment. Although he had warned the girl not to say a word to anyone, he would look towards the door now and then, expecting to see an angry-looking principal and maybe, some policemen barge in.

It was only Ahmed who had noticed a male junior student walk into their class and head their way. For a second, he thought the principal had sent for them, but then again, no way would happen. He was sure of it.

When the junior student stopped in of Sola and Annika's seat to pass a message to Sola who was sitting alone since Annika was nowhere in sight, Ahmed didn't bother to try and decipher what the little boy had told her but he noticed Sola had looked back at him and an absent-minded Dele as though she knew something was wrong. Nevertheless, she immediately stood up and left the class.

When Ahmed had turned to his friend, he almost couldn't believe the almighty Bamidele Akindele was biting his fingernails, but then, that was how he was whenever he panicked.

"O boy, wetin dey do you?" Ahmed asked, nudging Dele with his right elbow.

"Just let me be," Dele mumbled in return and Ahmed decided not to bother him anymore. Besides, he himself wasn't feeling so enthusiastic.