FIVE

At this point, you might think you've put the pieces together, but you'd be wrong

One thing you might be right about though; Zehan's agenda would beget nothing good. One could say he held the fate of others in his hands and for someone miserable, he knew all the secrets and had the rage-a a good recipe for destruction.

Asides from the fact that we were all trying to get by, we all had secrets to hide-including suicidal thoughts which Zehan knew or at least, would find out.

The suicide note was supposed to change everything, and in a way, maybe it did. Or actually, it made everything worse.

You decide how you see our story but we didn't get to decide how our story played out.

No one here is innocent but some could be pitied.

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

If anyone had told Ms. Isong that her white shirt would be soaked with sweat at the end of the day, she would not have believed it.

At that time of the day, Newland Secondary School was nearly empty since the bell for dismissal had been rung nearly twenty minutes ago. Ms. Isong had spent a good part of thirty minutes trying to get the nonchalant principal to look at the suicide note.

For a moment, Ms. Isong could've sworn that the principal wasn't listening to her because she was new to the job but on the other hand, she felt like Mrs. Elias had even considered seeing her because of the time the woman had spent liking Ms. Isong during her Secondary School days.

"Esther, you're supposed to understand that these kids like playing all sorts of silly pranks and jokes," Principal Elias explained before leaning into her seat, "and since you're a new teacher, I'm afraid these students just want to make jest of you."

"Ma, with all due respect, I think that if they wanted to play pranks, I would have gotten more than one." Ms. Isong sighed. "At the end of the day, I received only one and I'm telling you that... This is serious. My spirit is telling me to find this person-whoever they are."

"Esther, I don't know what else to say to you, you of all people should know that although Newland Secondary is a private school, the students go... rogue sometimes." Mrs. Elias's accent was foreign, Esther knew it was as a result of her time in Britain.

Mrs. Gina Elias had been the Principal of Newland Schools ever since Ms. Isong could recall. She had smooth brown skin and an elegant statue. Although the woman was tall, she was a little plump but still looked young for someone in their late forties.

"My advice dear is that you should ignore this," Mrs. Elias lifted the piece of paper before her, "if you go through with trying to find out who wrote this, the culprits will only laugh at you."