TWENTY EIGHT

Some of us didn't feel like we were good enough

Some of us didn't feel like we were good enough. We wished we were good enough. Good enough for the people around us, good enough to meet the standards that had been set for us before we even knew what standards were.

Maybe if we were cared about a little more, we wouldn't have headed into the fire and gotten burned.

The desire to be good made us do unspeakable things. Things that we would never do. Things that would set a series of events in motion.

It was here that saints became sinners.

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

Workout.

Gym.

Intimidating.

Confident.

Be like Dele Akindele.

Timi was ready to accept his new reality as those things kept echoing in his sleep and even when he'd woken up, in his head. Maybe it was a good thing because he was ready to do something about his body.

Zehan had been right, he could be intimidating and confident but only if he wanted to. And was going to do something to look the way he pictured himself.

He was tired of looking like a big baby. A big baby with glasses. He was starting to hate the glasses.

Timi had spent the previous night doing a lot of research on how he could get abs and muscles and after a hundred YouTube workout tutorials later, Timi was pretty sure he would look better than Dele in the next two months or so.

To hell with everyone who looked down on him because of his stature, he was going to change that and he would become intimidating and confident.

He was snapped out of his reverie when a knock came on his door.

"Yes?"

The door swung open and Tari poked her head inside, probably to make sure he wasn't naked and if it was safe to come in. Timi shook his head because if she couldn't come in, he wouldn't have responded.

"What are you doing?" Tari asked as she sashayed into his before walking over to his bed and taking a seat at the edge, crossing her legs at usual. She looked like she was back to normal. Maybe she wasn't having nightmares anymore. Or maybe it was all the wonders of Ahmed Yusuf.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, why are you looking in the mirror like that?" Tari rephrased with furrowed eyebrows. "Where are you going?"

"Who said I'm going anywhere?"

"You're wearing that ugly T-shirt you always put on when you're heading to somewhere important- which is rarely, thank God- and..." Tari squeezed her face, "did you dump your entire bottle of perfume on that rag you're wearing?"