Chapter thirty one

Chapter thirty one:

I walked to the castle as normal as I could from how I was shaking from nervousness about how she would react to what I would propose to her. I really didn't want her to freak out, but to me, she seems bipolar. No offense to her.

I quickly changed into a dark green dress with a tiny light green ribbon that tied around my waist. My room was empty when I thought everyone would be there but the secret storage was empty and I was sure they left to get horses and prepare the packs for the journey ahead while I was left with the most miserable job in the world.

I took many twist and turns down identical hallways in the castle, (thankfully Alex showed me how to find my way around the castle with an easy trick which I wished I knew earlier) until I reached two doors made just like the others, but they had secret engravings on them that only her and the King could understand is what I was told.

I knocked a few times softly before hearing her voice command me to enter. I opened the door very quietly as if not to disturb her if she was in a good mood. The door made no sound when I closed it and I tiptoed over to her as she sat at a desk in the far corner of her massive room, it all seemed familiar somehow as if my mind wanted those memories to break through at a moments notice.

She looked up at me and smiled as I curtsied real quick and stood there, preparing myself to speak to her.

"Good afternoon, Mother. I would like to ask you something." I smiled and stood up even straighter.

"And what would that be child?" She questioned setting her papers aside.

"Well, Loressa, a servant and a friend, is traveling to Aldoakme and I would like to go with her with some other people as well." I said.

She seemed to think about this as I swooshed my dress around to keep my hands from shaking.

"So you will not be alone?"

"Yes, correct mother. I will be with others and they can handle a dangerous situation if it does occur." I replied maybe pushing it a little too far.

"Oh, fine. As long as you are safe and will not be far, I suppose you may go, but do not be gone for more than three months tops."

"Oh, thank you so much, Mother."

I started to walk away but stopped when the Queen caught sight of my boots that I didn't change out of and were very dirty.

She gave a questioning look towards me but I just shrugged my shoulders and gave a sheepish smile as I turned back around. The queen sighed and waved her hand away, dismissing me and let out a chuckle as I walked to the door.

Just before I walked out, I turned to look at her once more, She grabbed her papers again and was shaking her head back and forth smiling as she mumbled,

"Like father, like daughter."

And when I heard that, I smiled and left the room glad that I heard that when she didn't mean for me to.

**********************************

I walked out of the castle, back in my trousers and shirt, and neared the stables hoping to find Alex and them.

I caught sight of someone and I jogged faster to hopefully catch up with them to tell them the good news.

I opened the stable doors to find Alex sitting on a bale of hay brushing his clothes off.

"Hey tough guy," I said coming and sitting next to him.

"Hi." he replied.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"They got hungry and I told them to go. Rosetta tried to make me come eat with her though." he laughed.

"Oh." how about we que the mental barf right there. I'm sure my face was enough to let him know my thoughts even though i tried to cover it up.

"Haha I thought the same thing, she's a little pushy at times."

"Yeah." was all I said blushing.

"How did it go?" He asked brushing his clothes off again.

"We did it!" I smiled a giddy inside.

"Really??" He stopped and turned towards me.

****************************

A/N: omigosh!! Guys this book is literally a few short chapters away from being done!! Ahh I'm so excited and have everything planned out so ya!! Comment, vote, the goods, whatever.