Chapter twenty two

Chapter twenty two:

I stomped through the door, mad at Ander for the way he acted, and walked over to Nathero. The air smelled different and it gave me chills. Nathero was a little jumpy too as I neared him.

"Calm down, bud," I said, "it's just me."

I went to jump on him but my hair was yanked back forcefully

"Owww!" I threw my elbow back making contact with the creature behind me.

Knocking their grip loosed I turned to see what was attacking me. It was the creature from my nightmare. They were Markslins I think? It looked like a human but it's skin slimy and its face distorted, but very strong looking.

I turned to run, frightened by the memory of them before and headed toward Nathero. But, I was hit to the ground by another one. I landed with a thud and scrambled to get the thing off me.

It clawed at my face and got me good down the left cheek because I felt blood slowly trickle down and that fueled my anger.

I punched at the one on top of me, making it topple off and yelled for Nathero to go get help as he was currently trying to attack the other Markslin.

He seemed to understand and galloped off to the castle. I turned just in time to duck a flying fist, but received a kick to the shins instead. I cringed but stood up and used what karate skills I had and gave a kick to the face.

The other one seemed to get enough strength and got up lunging at me grabbing the hair again scratching my scalp. I had adrenaline running so I felt no pain throwing it over my shoulder and dodging more blows from the creatures.

I looked away to see if someone was coming but as I turned back the Markslin grasped my throat and squeezed hard, it's nails piercing my skin.

My hands grabbed at the hands around my throat desperate for air. The other one started to run away and was shot down somehow but my vision was becoming hazier by the second.

I just about gave up when the creature dropped dead instantly and I fell to my knees gasping for air. I looked up to meet Alex's worried gaze as he put his bow across his chest, resting by his quiver of arrows, and placed a hand on my shoulder supporting me somewhat.

"I.....had this......all under control.........until......you showed up, by.....the way." I said I between breaths.

"I can see that." He said sarcastically as he lifted me up ready to put me in his arms.

"No! I can walk myself." I protested and he set me down carefully as if I was the most fragile thing he had ever touched.

"Fine, but take it easy, okay?"

***********************************

We snuck into the castle and to the medical room to fix me up. I ended up with a pretty bruised leg, four claw marks across my left cheek that did hurt now, a little bit of a swollen neck and some other scrapes and bruises.

Arwen made me sit on one of the beds as he pulled strange things out of a cabinet and placed them down beside me.

"You really shouldn't have left the castle, you missed the second meal and people probably know you're back and the Queen is furious." he scolded.

"I had to go tell my parents and some other people I'd be gone for a while! They might have just called the police or something!"

"What? Never mind, this might sting." he held a wet cloth with a minty smell from the liquid and placed it on the cuts on my face."

"Ouch! Ooh that hurts more than I thought."

"Sorry, you got it good on you face but luckily it won't scar over."

"What about-"

"Shh, it will help your throat if you don't talk, and drink this." he handed me a small tube with a green liquid inside.

I gagged it down with the leftover taste of rotten eggs in my mouth but my throat felt normal again.

"Sorry again, you can talk but just not a lot"

"Thanks, I'm sorry I haven't been the most cooperative person right now."

"No, it is my fault, I should have thought something was wrong when you weren't there today." He looked concentrated on something else.

"Let's not talk about that, I'm in enough trouble as is. But I really do appreciate all the help you have given me."

"You are welcome, and I do not mind helping a pretty lady once in a while."

"Haha, be serious. But where did you learn to shoot a bow?" I wanted to change the subject.

"My father taught me when I was younger, but I have been practicing on my own. I can show you sometime if you would like." he gave a small smile.

"I would-" I was interrupted by the queen storming in, and she was furious!

Oh crap.

A/N: I am almost done with this book and will be starting a second and if you have any questions or comments I would love to hear them! Thanks for all the votes!