Chapter twenty three

Chapter twenty three:

"YOU!" The Queen screeched as she pointed at me coming closed by the second.

"Yes.....Mother." I was afraid of what she would do with all of the anger boiled up inside her.

"I gave you one rule! ONE RULE! and you go and almost get yourself KILLED!" Her face was redder than a tomato now.

"I'm sorry, let me explain." I pleaded hoping to calm her down.

"I'm sorry?! SORRY ain't going to cut it young lady!" now she was spitting.

"Please, I can explain."

But I didn't see what was coming next.

She raised her hand up high and brought it down with speed back handing me across the face and I gasped the pain intense.

"You can keep your mouth closed young lady!"

"How could you!" Alex yelled coming closer to me, "she was only trying to protect others to keep them safe!"

This wasn't going to end well for I could feel the anger bouncing off the walls in waves.

"Oh, you should be quiet to mister! I have a mouthful of words I'd like to say to you."

"Say them, can't be as bad as what you just did to Katelynn your daughter!"

"You guys stop it!" I said loud enough for them to pay attention, "we all need to calm down and just figure out the problem here."

"You want to talk about problems! This pathetic rat is responsible for your problems!" The Queen spat pointing at Alex now.

"How! How could he be a problem!" I yelled back getting angry too.

"You could have grown up here! Lived here! Had a good life! Your father wouldn't be stone! You wouldn't be in danger! All because he is working with the enemy! He saw this as a chance to look like the good guy and you're believing him!"

"What?!" I looked at Alwx standing there but he took a step back.

"Is it true?! All of it?! Tell me!" I was on edge with all this.

"I-what she-I mean-I didn't-please don't listen to her!" He stuttered.

"How could you. And when I thought I could actually trust you!" I cried ripping off the necklace he gave me shoving it into his chest moving him out of the way and running out the door.

"Katelynn, wait!" Alex called starting to chase after me.

"Don't talk to me!"

I ran to the only hiding spot I knew that no one could come after me, and with that I headed to the stables to hide forever.

A/N: hey guys tell me what you think about this chapter but if you have any ideas of what the second book should be called please tell me so I can get some more thought on it and I love all of you that have voted and commented! Keep it up!