Chapter thirty

Chapter thirty:

After Alex had a good laugh that I got lost in the garden, I told him that I needed to tell Nicholas, Emily and the others something. I hoped this was good news for them and that we would be ready to go and have less stress about all of this like I did.

Alex contacted the others and we all met in a secluded area by the armory to talk. It was very private and we would be able to hear if anyone was coming our way.

It was a smaller spot than I thought as Emily sat in the tree with Nicholas and Maxton at the bottom, and Rosseta cross legged on the dirt next to them. I walked and Sat across from all of them and Alex took a seat next to me on my right which was in the middle of me and Maxton. We all sort of waited for no apparent reason until someone spoke. I finally decided to take charge and spoke first.

"Okay, I have news," I started, "So, how we are able to get out has been a tough decision, but I have a way that will be able to get us out without any suspicions or tricky plans."

"And what would that be, missy?" Rosseta smirked, playing with her hair looking smug and acting like I did something wrong, but looking in Alex's way batting her eyes and as if looking for praise.

Oh, I see how it is. Well, I hope she knows that she ain't one that would be similar to Alex's type but she could try I guess. I wouldn't stop her.

Alex ignored her and so did everyone everyone else as they waited for me to finish what I was saying.

"I know someone who will be leaving on that same day and will be going in the same direction as we are and I thought we could travel along with them until they reach their destination and we keep moving forward without anyone knowing."

It was quiet as everyone processed this and thought about it while I just sat there and twiddled my fingers and awkwardly thought back to how I felt like this when the Queen just sat there and stared at me when I first got here and how similar the stares were now.

"That's good to know, now we just need to get the stuff all packed and ready to go and someone needs to go talk to the Queen and tell her we will be traveling with your friend and that we will come back later and she has nothing to worry about." Maxton said breaking the silence.

"Then who will talk to the queen?" Emily asked.

Again, all eyes were on me as if saying I would do it.

"Okay, fine I'll do it." I exclaimed.

"Great, now everything is planned out, let's go get to work." Alex said rubbing his hands together.

"Okay, you guys go and pack up the stuff and I will go talk to the Queen." I said.

"I'll come with you." Alex interrupted.

"No, remember the last time you were with me and the Queen?"

"Oh, you're right. Just come find us when you're done." Alex replied standing up and pulling me up with him.

"Okay then, let's get this over with then, shall we?" Nicholas commented.

Everyone departed except for me and I really did not know how this whole talk was going to go, and if I would come out missing some hair. But that's for me to find out and I left the little secluded area to go find Mom I guess.