Chapter thirty six

Chapter thirty six:

"Let's make camp here!" Nicholas yelled over the pounding of the rain and thunder.

It was a nice day when we left but then this crappy weather hit and it's just been getting worse. There was a cave that they'd spotted and it was probably the driest thing we'd get so we stopped and hoped to wait out the storm.

It was a miracle Emily was able to start a fire and help keep us warm and we all gathered close warming up our drenched clothes.

I took off my cloak because me shirt was mostly dry already and shoes as well so I could warm my feet. Rosetta had been awfully quiet today and it seemed odd. Nicholas didn't have to snap some words at her at all and you could see he thought something was off.

I was sitting in between Emily and Nicholas while Rosetta took this chance to snuggle up next to Alex which he didn't look to comfortable with. Laughed on the inside at the sight and thought who would be a good match for her.

I gave up because I didn't know many people here, and grabbed something to eat and walked over to the entrance of the cave and watched the lighting light up the sky at night and the rain would crash down on the trees and all other things in sight.

I felt a blanket being put on me and someone sat down next to me.

"Hey."

"Hi."

It was Emily and u really didn't expect her to be the one sitting next to me.

"Isn't this so cool," she said ,"I used to sit at my bedroom window and look out at the rain because I loved it so much." Emily said looking out at the sky as the lighting lighted up her face every once in a while.

"Me too, I would always want to go out there and just play around but my mom didn't want me getting dirty." I laughed thinking about them and what would they be doing right now.

"What is it like?"

"What?"

"I mean, life in your world. What was it like?" She was looking at me with curiosity in her eyes.

"Well, we had lots of different things, I don't know what w where to begin. But we had different clothes, jobs, schools, buildings, lights, everything really."

"That sounds cool, but I would rather be here."

"I still don't know where I would belong yet." I said, the words escaping my mouth without thinking about it.

"Don't worry you'll find out, and when you do, it will all feel right." Emily stood up patted my back then started to walk back to where everyone was.

"Thanks, Emily." I turned and said as she walked.

"No problem." she turned and waved then kept walking.

I sat there for a while and aimlessly thought about things and hugged the blanket tighter around me as I watched the rain fall. I jumped a little because as I looked into the forest and the lighting lit up the forest and I swear I saw that man from the dinner and with the hood still up I couldn't tell but I thought he was looking at me, I almost thought he looked familiar, and then all to soon he disappeared again.

I got up and walked back to the group to see Rosetta asleep on Alex and had to place my had over my mouth to stifle a laugh and he looked at me telling me with his eyes that he was not comfortable.

I whispered to him to lay her down next to him so he could get up and go where he wanted. He nodded and slowly lifted her by the shoulders and pushed her down softly off my f him until she was fully off and he could get up.