Chapter thirty seven

Chapter thirty seven:

"Rosetta and Nicholas will go here, while me and Emily will go here, while Alex and Katelynn go through here. Go it? Good, lets go." Maxton just laid out the plan in a little picture he drew in the dirt and I think I understood it but hopefully Alex understood.

"Hey guys? Just try to stay hidden." He said before running off with Emily to the castle.

The last of us quickly ran off to do what we were told and while Alex and I were trying to stay hidden, we found some clothes to blend in that we threw on.

Everyone that was human there seemed to stuck up to notice us as we walked down the halls that were dark with only the light of one torch on each wall. That helped with the blending in too, but I still think some of the Markslins gave us curious glances as to if they knew something wasn't right about us.

I moved further into the shadows of the halls and walked quicker hoping Alex would do the same.

He whispered so soft I almost didn't catch what he said,

"Calm down and walk slower if you want to blend in."

"Sorry." I whispered walking slower and closer to him.

A few of the Marksins ran past the end on the hall I front of us and one of them screamed,

"Human! Humans on the Southgate! Do not let them pass! Destroy them anyway possible!"

No. That was the gate Emily and Maxton were on. There was only two of them and unlimited Markslins most likely. I panicked and my heart started racing and I started to run the direction they went but Alex caught me before I could go help.

"Shhh....the last thing we need is for them to know you're here. It's Maxton and Emily, they work great together. They'll be fine I promise."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

I didn't have much of a choice but to hope they would be okay. I gave in and followed Alex the other way.

My mind was racing with the thought of them getting hurt, and all the possibilities that came with it.

More Markslins ran past us and I tensed even more and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

Alex gave me a comforting look and I could breathe a little better but I was still tense.

"Where exactly are we going to?" I asked.

"To the center of his castle where he keeps the stone high on a pedestal in a small round room."

I just nodded and kept looking around. I don't know how people lived here, or how anyone found this a great place to be. what was it with villains and their creepy lairs. Can't they have a normal place for once.

Just like the first time, a Markslin yelled out 'humans' but this time it was the Eastgate and that meant Rosetta and Nicholas were spotted as well.

I pulled up a hood that was on the clothes we found and tried to blend in even more.

Every person here seemed to be running around and here me and Alex are just walking.

I think I jinxed us.

My hood was pulled back and I was turned around.

"Who are you!" A Markslin growled holding me ready to attack.

"Uh..."

"It's you, the one the master talks about! You are coming with me!"

"Sorry buddy, but she's mine." Alex grabbed the thing and punched it square in the face knocking it unconscious.