Chapter thirteen

Chapter thirteen:

After stuffing myself, I just laid on the blanket looking at the sky as the sun set making the sky fading colors starting at blue, purple, red, then orange.

Alex was putting away the left-overs and I could tell he was glancing at me every once in a while.

I caught him staring at me and he looked embarrassed as his cheeks reddened a little.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I started to wipe my face with my sleeve.

"No, it's just, I have something to give you. But I didn't know how, but since I just told you about it, could I give it to you now?"

"Uuhh....okay, sure. But you didn't have to I don't know if I'll need it."

"Close your eyes."

"Okay, now what?"

He placed a box in my hands that was really smooth.

"Open it." He sounded very nervous but I could tell he was also excited.

I opened the wooden box to reveal a beautiful silver necklace with what looked to be a tree branch with no leaves in the middle.

"It's beautiful! Where did you get this?"

"It was my mothers."

"What do you mean?" Was she dead! He seemed so calm about it.

"Oh, she has many other necklaces and was about to throw this one out."

"Will you help me put it on?"

"Yes, just turn around."

I turned around and swept my hair to the side and held it in a bundle with my hand until Alex clasped the latch and I faced him again.

"I can't express how much I like it."

"That's good. Did you know it's the only one of its kind."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

I realized how close we were and Alex did too and I think he was going to do it, but, we'd just met! And I was NOT the kissing type. What do I do! I didn't want to kiss him and needed a way out. Thankfully, for my sake, Nathero was freaking out.

"What's wrong with Nathero?"

He stepped away and focused on something else. Alex quickly looked around before mumbling something to low for me to hear and grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me to the horse and lifted me on.

He untied Nathero and then threw himself onto the saddle and we were off.

"What's wrong, Alex?"

"Nothing, but we are late getting back to the castle."

"I know there is something wrong, but what is it, I'm not a child."

"Well, I am going to treat you like one and not tell you."

"Just tell me!" I punched him, realizing I was being childish.

"Man you're stubborn."

Sorry for the long wait guys, I hope you like it and I just wanted your opinion on if I should I make this a series....

Please comment your opinion and keep reading! Thxs!