Chapter twelve

Chapter twelve:

It had been awhile since we left and I felt kind of awkward as I had my arms around Alex's waist to hold on, but he didn't seem to mind. Nathero was faster than a regular horse as he said and took many twist and turns that were really sharp up this hill. I couldn't see much through my hair as the wind blew it around. I gave up trying to fight it and just laid my head on Alex's back, blocking the wind.

From were my head was at now, I could see packs of things on the sides of the saddle and I guessed we were having a picnic.

The hill was covered in thick brush and trees that all seemed identical. I closed my eyes and focused on the bumps as I held on. Later, we came to a slow trot and I opened my eyes to see why.

My new surroundings were a lot greener and just more, lively. There was grass beneath instead of dirt, and green bushes instead of dead brown.

"Wow." I was amazed by all of it.

"I know," he looked back at me and smiled," just wait till you see the rest of it."

We came to a ledge that was kind of like a balcony that isn't fenced off, but still the same as everything else as the path behind us though. It was really something.

Alex hopped off and gave me his hand for support as I got off as well. The view was amazing! I was stunned how the castle was right in front of us so far away surrounded by beautiful orange sky's from the sunset casting a glow on it and the forest trees like a green ocean surrounding an isolated island.

"Wow. Just wow." that's all I could say.

"I thought you would like it." his smile faltered a bit as he thought, but he covered it up by showing me what he'd laid out.

There was a blanket and different types of food and an empty spot just big enough for the both of us.

"This is amazing!" I said.

"Yes, it is but I'm hungry so let's eat."