Chapter eighteen

Chapter eighteen:

I finally reached the dinning hall and lightly knocked on the door waiting to hear an answer to come in.

After a couple minutes, a muffled voice called me and told me to enter.

It was slightly empty as the food on the table had yet to be set and the room was a little cooler but, what really caught my attention, was the Queen sitting at the table with a huge fancy dress on that made me feel plain just looking at her.

"Uhhh..... you wanted to talk with me about something important?" I was hesitant to near her because I was confused about what she wore still.

"Yes. Now sit while I ask the questions and you shall answer them."

"Okay, so what would you like to ask me, your Queen."

"First, do not call me that. Call me Mother. Second, where were you last night?" She sounded slightly angry.

"Here...."

"Do not lie to me. Where were you, I know you left with that boy last night, Adriel." She said the word boy with a sour tone and a grimace that quickly disappeared.

"We went to the mountain north of the castle and had dinner, then came back. No big deal. Why do you ask?" Why did she care anyways, not like there was anything wrong with it.

She seemed to be even more infuriated as she heard this and stood abruptly pushing the chair back as well. 'Mother' paced quickly around the table but stopped short and started to take deep breaths and slowly made her way back to the chair forcing a smile on her face.

"Well, I am dearly sorry for that little behavior. But, how about I discuss to you about your father."

"Okay."

"As I told you yesterday, your father was frozen solid by Lunstoff. And the stone needed is deep inside his lair, I need to get that stone before something happens to it."

"Why don't you send me? I could trick him and-" I was cut short.

"No! He is stronger and could easily overpower you, I can't risk losing you again. Not both of you...." She placed her hand on her forehead.

A servant walked in and whispered something into the Queens ear before quickly disappearing through another door.

"It tis time for the first meal, we may talk later but not for a while. I am very busy. you are dismissed. Oh, and I trust in you that you may travel the grounds freely but DO NOT leave the gates." she seemed stressed and tired by the look of bags under her eyes and the gray that had seeped throughout pieces of her long blonde hair.

After closing the door. I rushed back to my room preparing for what I was about to after breakfast pleased that I wouldn't have to wait any longer and be back before nightfall arrives.